Gas and inflation impacting your fall?

cnelk

WKR
That's exactly what I was going to say. People thought it would make a difference, but it was still crowded.......yet nowhere near what it's like these days.

I'd like to see it get back to 1980 numbers. (y) The mountains to myself.
You are seeing inflation of the 80s. Unless you were too young to remember

cnelk

WKR
I also remember the gas rationing of the 70s. We had to go to Canada to get fuel for the farm.

MattB

WKR
Not impacting my plans, but I definitely have my eye on it and realize we haven't begun to see the worst of it. Not even close. Global democracy is worth the sacrifice in my eyes, but I appreciate it effects everyone differently and others may not agree.

>>arrow>

FNG
I guide bear hunters and run about 20 plus bait. I booked these guys over a year ago. I'm going to take a big hit.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You are seeing inflation of the 80s. Unless you were too young to remember
Inflation yes. Hunter numbers........that would be nice.

I too remember the lines for gas in the 70's, but only when we traveled. It wasn't bad around home. But gosh, I remember those CD rates paying 18% interest in the 80's.

svivian

WKR
Inflation yes. Hunter numbers........that would be nice.

I too remember the lines for gas in the 70's, but only when we traveled. It wasn't bad around home. But gosh, I remember those CD rates paying 18% interest in the 80's.
How much was your mortgage rate though back then?

CorbLand

WKR
My parents mortgage in 1988 was like 11-12%. I dont know what they were at the peak
My mom and dad would have bought in the 80s and I know she said theirs was in the teens. I cant remember the exact number.

bozeman

WKR
How long did it last? Patience.........save, wait....then buy.

as of now, it will NOT impact my plans this fall......BUT if it hits $7-$8/gallon, yes, I will prob save some $$ and time......

It will change my scouting plans this summer. Diesel fuel prices right now have me wondering if anyone's ever hunted out of a Prius...do they make a roof rack for those?...lol

sram9102

WKR
It will change my scouting plans this summer. Diesel fuel prices right now have me wondering if anyone's ever hunted out of a Prius...do they make a roof rack for those?...lol
A one man limit of geese and ducks along with a decoy bag fits perfectly in the back of a prius. Never had a need to put a deer in there.

ndayton

WKR
No joke, to save gas I took my wife's Prius to an easy access trailhead for my sons youth hunt last year. He killed a buck and I stuffed it in the back with our gear no problem.
Wife wasn't thrilled.

Just FYI for those trying to stuff bloody animals into cars. It isn’t necessary. Find the gutless method on YouTube and just cut that thing up. All you need to be able to fit is cooler. I have been using an SUV since 2006 and never had to put a bloody animal in it. Drive what you have, just learn to process in the field and enjoy.

Will keep the wife off your back also

wapitibob

WKR
I put a 5x Bull in the back of a vw rabbit. The belly pan graded that center berm in the gravel road but it was golden once I hit the pavement.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Ryan does. He just won’t post on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk