General Discussion Forum A place to discuss anything and everything that doesn't have its own forum.

OP
R

Rickt300

FNG
I find it refreshing to not have to sort my way through multiple piles of political crap on this forum. As stated, we argue enough over which caliber is best for elk. :)
Would it be possible for you to not open the threads that concern you?

hobbes

WKR
Would it be possible for you to not open the threads that concern you?
I didn't say anything about opening them. I like not sifting through them. I wouldn't have opened this if I'd realized what it was. There's a pile of folks that have been here for quite some time that don't have a problem with the current set up. You seem to be making an effort to make sure you aren't one of them. Go stir some other pot.

OP
R

Rickt300

FNG
Its a private forum, owned by private individuals. They can determine what they will allow and wont allow. You have no first amendment here.

The printed word does not affect me in any way when it comes from random strangers on the internet.

We are grown up enough to speak freely with out moderation...when its a public place. This is not a public forum. You are the one that immediately started labeling people when they disagree with you, doesnt really show how "grown up" you are.

It "aligns" itself with Twitter, Facebook and CNN in the fact that they are private and get to determine what is allowed on their forums and is not.

Did this site contribute to Trumps campaign by not allowing political speech?

What about the second amendment? How does that have anything to do with anything that is being discussed here?

Seriously dude, political threads are allowed here. There is literally one on the the ballot initiative in Colorado for wolf management. About as political as it gets. They aren't allowed when it doesn't have a purpose because they turn into a shit show. You have literally proven why they arent allowed in less than 10 posts in this thread. If you dont like it, log out and move on.
Funny post! I have not proven anything about political posts you guys have only proven you are not mature enough to handle free speech. The Wolf Issue! Oooooh political because Bill Clinton signed off on it. Because wolves obviously were one way the left could reduce hunting opportunity for us by feeding them deer, elk and Moose. Yet we can't talk directly about the actual people currently we have to resist? I have noticed some very mild political posts/threads being deleted or locked. My point is this is a General discussion forum. A place to discuss all things that don't have a dedicated forum. I instantly find a group of people that hate free speech or can't handle the exercise it. Very interesting really. Bizarre.
I know it is a private forum, so is Facebook, is that the model the forum owners want to follow?

Funny post! I have not proven anything about political posts you guys have only proven you are not mature enough to handle free speech. The Wolf Issue! Oooooh political because Bill Clinton signed off on it. Because wolves obviously were one way the left could reduce hunting opportunity for us by feeding them deer, elk and Moose. Yet we can't talk directly about the actual people currently we have to resist? I have noticed some very mild political posts/threads being deleted or locked. My point is this is a General discussion forum. A place to discuss all things that don't have a dedicated forum. I instantly find a group of people that hate free speech or can't handle the exercise it. Very interesting really. Bizarre.

Why don't you tell us what you really think?

EastMT

WKR
I’ll concede it’s worth arguing politics when you provide me an example where you talked an ardent liberal into voting republican, or a Reagan Republican to vote for Biden via the Internet. If you can’t provide screen shots, it didn’t happen. Therefore it’s a waste of time, and stirs sh%** for zero payoff.

Politics for land usage, gun control, hunting rights ok, bash Trump/Biden and eithers supporters, come on man hahaha.

OP
R

Rickt300

FNG
Forum suicide by moderator? Seems like a valid and aggressive attempt at such.
Odd for you to say this. Probably true but considering I have posted no profanity or threatened anyone that end would seem especially left to me. Something like "Shut Up!" We want to keep our heads in the sand, hide in the shade, think happy thought, etc. Amazingly there is no dedicated 2A forum either. Very suspicious.

bsnedeker

WKR
Odd for you to say this. Probably true but considering I have posted no profanity or threatened anyone that end would seem especially left to me. Something like "Shut Up!" We want to keep our heads in the sand, hide in the shade, think happy thought, etc. Amazingly there is no dedicated 2A forum either. Very suspicious.
I'm willing to bet this guy uses the phrase "Green Decoys" on a regular basis.

OP
R

Rickt300

FNG
I vote he doesn't because nobody really ******* cares.
Did you just fake quote yourself? What I really think? This is no time in history to shut down free speech. Then again BG why don't you care?

Laramie

WKR
While I don't agree with some viewpoints, it has been nice to discretely discuss some topics with others who I don't align with. If we took the gloves off, I'm not sure that would be possible.

MattB

WKR
Well the facts are this is exactly the behavior of the mainstream media and social networks. Is the first amendment political in your mind? It should not be. How does the printed word effect you? Are we not grown up enough to speak freely without moderation? How exactly is it a hunting/shooting site aligns itself with Twitter and Facebook? Or CNN? Did this site contribute to Biden's campaign by not allowing political speech? How about the second amendment? Are our constitutional rights and the discussion of them purely political?
How about, go start your own website and then you could talk politics all you want.