Getting tired of the same old thing. New venison Recipes

revcwood

FNG
We do stroganoff for a change (I just use an online recipe when I need to remember it). Go-to quick/easy one is browned up in butter and garlic, deglaze the pan with worshester or bourbon...

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
Did the sous vide last night with a whole back strap from a doe!!!! Put the water at 142 in the small yeti, dropped the backstrap in for about 2 hours in a vacuum pack and it can out a perfect 139 degree rare. Tossed it on the stove top for about 30 seconds on each side and served it up:

GJC435

FNG
Ive never had any bad recipes from hank shaw that guys on point! Bacon burgers with kosmos cow cover and Texas beef rub, or the bbq pit boys spg rub is killer.

aron

WKR
Venison street tacos...
Cook steaks to 130ish and slice thin, add a quick pickled red cabbage, red onion, and ciltrano, top with French's crispy fried onions and dip in some au jus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like to bread and fry it like steak fingers. Put a few eggs, 1/2&1/2 and favorite seasoning in a bowl and mix it up. I dip the fingers or bites in this mixture and then roll them in a breadcrumb/flour mixture. Cook in a pan of hot oil or a deep fryer. Top off by dipping them in your favorite sauce. Delicious!!

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Cut into chunks, marinate in soy sauce and diced fresh garlic and black pepper
Brown in frying pan with oil
Put browned chunks into crock pot
sift a spoonful of flour in the hot oil still in frying pan and stir to make gravy
Pour gravy onto chunks in crockpot
add some chicken broth or other liquid you have around
chop up celery, onions, carrots, mushrooms, hot peppers, bell peppers, whatever veggies you have and put in the pot
cook on low for 3-5 hours
Tasted like beef, no gameyness whatsoever. very tender

I took a lot of mine this year and made Bolgonese sauce, chili verde and pastrami. Took the extras, vacuum sealed and in the freezer. Quick and easy meals!

I finally made Osso Bucco and it was magnificent. Braised 3 hours or so in dutch oven. Following mostly recipe below. I cleaned and refrigerated the shanks for a week prior to using. I was on the phone with my wife when i zoomed in for the screen shot as you can see lol.

Screenshot_2019-05-22-20-38-59.png

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Venison street tacos...
Cook steaks to 130ish and slice thin, add a quick pickled red cabbage, red onion, and ciltrano, top with French's crispy fried onions and dip in some au jus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I plan on doing this on a new river gorge whitewater trip next month. I am a big fan anything Latin inspired for venison. I'll have onions peppers and tomatoes in season by late July for a big fajita cooking get together.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly all I do is look up recipes that use beef and just replace it with venison. The recipes are endless. Just keep in mind the cooking time will be a little less due to how lean the meat is. I know that seems very obvious but a lot of hunters don't think about that and will do the same ole "Bacon wrapped backstrap, Bacon wrapped this, burger etc". Granted there is nothing wrong with it but it get old after a while.

I was just about to start a post for how to cook elk ideas .thanks , some of these sound great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly all I do is look up recipes that use beef and just replace it with venison. The recipes are endless. Just keep in mind the cooking time will be a little less due to how lean the meat is. I know that seems very obvious but a lot of hunters don't think about that and will do the same ole "Bacon wrapped backstrap, Bacon wrapped this, burger etc". Granted there is nothing wrong with it but it get old after a while.

one of those pressurized insta-pots is my best friend

CNitro

FNG
This is a great recipe. I make it for tacos and serve it to my fiends who say they “don’t like venison”. It has made some converts. Hank Shaw also a a great salsa verde recipe that goes well with this. I’ll make that and pair it with some pickled red onions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is always a crowd favorite.