Glock 20

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
I carried a G29 in a Wilderness Safepacker for a few years. I really like that holster.

wyosam

WKR
Stock barrel seems to shoot everything fine, but if you reload brass life isn’t great. Expensive pistol to feed if you don’t reload, too. I put a $100 alpha wolf barrel in mine, and have zero issues with reliability, though I haven’t had it that long. Maybe a 1000 rounds or so through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah....those damn things that protect my binos, keep them close by, hollds extra rounds, bug spray, tags and my range finder. Total waste of weight.
I’ll admit mine had room for only my binos. And I may eventually rethink but I hunt out of my boat so my binos get thrown around my neck. If I’m hiking in a distance they get put in my pack.
I know my statement seems insane, but for what I’ve used and tried, I wasn’t impressed.
However, my opinion could change if I had quality. Lol

also, my binos aren’t exactly high end. If I had a pair of alpha binos, I’d buy me a harness and bubble wrap.

I swapped out the barrel on mine for a KKM but it is otherwise stock. I use an alien gear molle holster that goes on my pack hip belt when in the back country and a Comptac for use when I'm not carrying a pack.

I just use the neck strap. Or they are placed next to me. I hunt out of a boat and hunt marsh. Once I’m set up, I have them in my lap. If I’m hiking more than a few minutes they are placed in my pack.

I understand your situation but that doesn’t apply too much to someone that covers miles and glasses often

I glass often. Once I’m set up.
Hunting Alaska is a bit different. I’m hunting caribou and moose. Caribou, once spotted, I won’t close the gap on them or be able to stalk them realistically. I mainly use mine for moose tine counting. I got decent binos and a good spotting scope. But the cheap harness I bought sucked. I did buy me a hunting pack that allows for my day pack to be worn. It’s a hip pack almost like the older military things. Straps with Fanny pack thing. I am able to put my range finder and gps in a front pocket. My spotting scope, rain gear, food, etc goes in that fanny pack thing. My small backpack holds the binos and processing gear and a tarp.
After this thread, I’ve looked at a few bino harnesses, and if I changed my approach, I would buy one. Or if I went after sheep or goat or bear.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ll admit mine had room for only my binos. And I may eventually rethink but I hunt out of my boat so my binos get thrown around my neck. If I’m hiking in a distance they get put in my pack.
I know my statement seems insane, but for what I’ve used and tried, I wasn’t impressed.
However, my opinion could change if I had quality. Lol

also, my binos aren’t exactly high end. If I had a pair of alpha binos, I’d buy me a harness and bubble wrap.

do you even hunt????

I leave my chest for my pistol. I’ve hiked and carried a handgun on my hip. It’s never been comfortable. Never. And I’d rather have my pistol with quick access than binos. Of course I’ve only been hunting with binos for three years and spotting scope for 2. I’m still new to the optic game.

Well i’m not judging anyone and I’m no expert but I do feel the need for a bino harness, just bought the MR harness so we’ll see how that works.

I’m most likely in the minority here. After not seeing a bear for the last two seasons (unit 13) I’m not sure I’ll be placing as much of an importance on my handgun. I’m looking at better quality harnesses now, and the Cabelas one I bought a few years ago just sucked.

I am strictly speaking of my personal experience. I used to make fun of range finders. Lol

now I use one.

OP
F
For the guys who got the kkm barrel did you go with the regular silver or black?

pics?

how long does it take to get after ordering?

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
I like Tier 1 Tactical Centurian hip holster (carried a G20 and now a G40 with a 7.5” IGB Barrel). The holster hangs lower than a typical belt mounted hip holster but higher then a thigh holster. It stays put and the leg strap just anchors it in place. I also utilize a traditional vertical carry shoulder holster if Im not running a heavy pack at the time.
As for .40 S&W through a 10mm Glock. No manufacturers will ever recommend a different caliber in their firearms. But in Glocks, as long as the extractor is strong, they’ll run it all day. 1911 not so much. I’d never do it for defensive carry but for range practice, especially during the last ammo shortage, I did it all the time. Only worry is if the extractor jumps the rim the .40 then gets fully pushed into the chamber and the firing pin can’t set off the primer. You then have to punch out the live round from the barrel end. 1911s and other models will do this a lot.