Go Hunt, what are your thoughts?

Just curious if those with a prescription have found the filtering 2.0 worth it? I have gone with a subscription through another company and likes it. However, I have heard filtering 2.0 is pretty amazing.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
i used it when they were a sponsor and it did save time in research. But, I don't know how it would compare to your current.

going from memory, I filtered each western state for deer hunts I go on every two years (either 50% odds or 1 point), then continued checking boxes for weapon type, etc and it came up with a graphic of all the units highlighted that fit the criterea

That was a few years back so not sure how it is now, but it did make it easier than digging through a research mag.

Everyone uses it for information and there is no way to PM or Direct message other users, so everyone is seeing everyone's comments. So, it's not nearly as useful as it should be.

It would be worth is if they would do more giveaways because currently the odds of winning something on that site is about 1:25,000....

I use it , and I will say it is helpful.

however, it is not a end all be all it is very broad on information given and pretty basic information in general. paired with their mapping system is a nice one stop shop.

however it is just like most every other western hunting application website where everyone in the comments is going to say " there's no deer or elk in this unit " " its not what it used to be " etc etc. so if you can weed through that proverbial BS and put the work in it can be a great tool to add to your arsenal in finding units that will put tags in your pocket year after year.

I'm not one to horde points and prefer to put the work in and learn a unit and hunt it every year or every other year so it really does aid in my research and cutting down the time it takes me to hone in on a unit.

I'm primarily a archery mule deer hunter , so I pair my knowledge of the unit with information from Robby Denning book every year while e scouting and it has helped me get on deer pretty consistently regardless of the unit I choose.

hope this helps and good luck!

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I have really enjoy GoHunt. You can certainly find the info yourself, but it is nice to have it one place. I use it as a starting point for making plans in the 3-4 states that have strategies in. Would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eperro

FNG
Used to have it. Cancelled when they raised prices. Not worth it IMO. You can find the same information online just takes a little more time.

Used to have it. Cancelled when they raised prices. Not worth it IMO. You can find the same information online just takes a little more time.
they have added quite a bit more value adding features to the subscription now.

filtering 2.0, GoHunt Shop points ( which i use all of the time, i purchase any gear piece i can from them if they offer it and before the fall i use all of my points to buy all of my back country food at no cost to me) , the mapping system, and the articles. i think it is well worth the price of admission now unlike how it was maybe 4 years ago or so.

I use it. You can also get a pretty good discount on it at times. Currently it’s 100 points in the Gohunt shop. Ie spend 150 and get $100 back in gear. Means it only costs 50 if you have something you planned on buying anyways.

eperro

FNG
they have added quite a bit more value adding features to the subscription now.

filtering 2.0, GoHunt Shop points ( which i use all of the time, i purchase any gear piece i can from them if they offer it and before the fall i use all of my points to buy all of my back country food at no cost to me) , the mapping system, and the articles. i think it is well worth the price of admission now unlike how it was maybe 4 years ago or so.
Yes I used to get all of that for $50 bucks. Then with the mapping they raised it on me to $150 I Believe at the end. I just find the information online and then only buy gear during sales (you don't accumulate points when you buy gear during their sales). To each their own I guess.

Yes I used to get all of that for $50 bucks. Then with the mapping they raised it on me to $150 I Believe at the end. I just find the information online and then only buy gear during sales (you don't accumulate points when you buy gear during their sales). To each their own I guess.
depends on the sale sometime you do get points while on sale.

Bachto

WKR
I like GoHunt and the guys there. I use it as a starting point to find a handful of units that would work for the kind of hunt I want to do and then go from there. I also use OnX since I like their mobile version a bit better.

I use it. I’m always scheming a few years ahead, bunch of different states and species, combo hunting different species, etc. I can’t keep it all straight and goHUNT helps me “see” the different options. Also really nice to see the previous years draw trends and be able to predict if point creep will edge me out. I don’t like spending the money on it, but I think it’s worth it for me.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
I use it. I’m always scheming a few years ahead, bunch of different states and species, combo hunting different species, etc. I can’t keep it all straight and goHUNT helps me “see” the different options. Also really nice to see the previous years draw trends and be able to predict if point creep will edge me out. I don’t like spending the money on it, but I think it’s worth it for me.
What are the different parameters you can set besides State, weapon, points, success rates and public land?

I packed out after a week, of an OTC spot a few years back, to find a full parking lot (that was empty on the way in) and a Go Hunt truck parked right up front.
I’ve never used a subscription hunting app other than onx, but I wasn’t psyched to see that lol!