Going scouting when you are using a guide?

Deadfall

WKR
Kinda feel sorry for the guy hoping this thread is helpful. Equally valid points both ways..šŸ¤£

Jethro

WKR
Kinda feel sorry for the guy hoping this thread is helpful. Equally valid points both ways..šŸ¤£
We actually didnā€™t go in the woods to scout. Roads, trailheads, parking spots, spur roads, tank locations. Find high spots along established trails and glassed. We did not go off trail or call. First archery was in season when we scouted, so we kept it low key.

That 2nd time we looked a lot at back door access to spots we already knew.

question from a guy who has never used a guide. what is the point of a 2 day guided hunt? is it just the hope of tagging out in 2 days?
and if you're paying a guide, why scout? isn't that part of what you're paying for? just seems to me that if you scout an area without the guide then you already know what he knows. just curious.

CMF

WKR
question from a guy who has never used a guide. what is the point of a 2 day guided hunt? is it just the hope of tagging out in 2 days?
and if you're paying a guide, why scout? isn't that part of what you're paying for? just seems to me that if you scout an area without the guide then you already know what he knows. just curious.
You pay the guide to get in the outfitter pool of the draw with better odds. The 2 days are a required minimum to be in the guided draw.

I would be scouting.