Good news for Ebiker users on public land.

Would love to see registration on ebikes. Let other user groups pay for trail maintenance cost instead of just dirt bikes. Also throw me in the camp of not wanting them considered anything different than a motorcycle. Technology will only get better. Ranges increased and drive systems better. They're not a bicycle. They're only going to get further from a bicycle as they're improved.
Good point. I wonder if the state of WY is going to require ORV tags for these? Out of curiosity I’m going to call and ask if type 3 applies:
  • ORV's included:Type 1 - an ATV having at least 3 wheels and that is 50" or less in width and weighs 900 pounds or less; Type 2 - any unlicensed motorcycle which weighs 600 pounds or less; Type 3 - any multi-wheeled motorized vehicle not required by law to be licensed and which is designed for cross-country travel.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
The corral or the string of electric wire and light bulbs and steel trough all “on public”? Sure, stick 17 Ebikes in there and let them rove in a circle several hours a day for 4 weeks, add in some rain it will leave mud stew too.
Yup all on public and approved by USFS, power ran from generators, many camps across the west like this in nonmotorized areas.

Here’s another, just have to pack it all out. Oh and the main trail goes right through the middle of this approved camp. Just cracks me up some are agaisnt ebikes yet not horse camps. Truthfully not many ebikes could get anywhere once the snow falls like a horse can. I also can’t imagine riding an ebike in the mud and ice.1268CDB0-C42B-4C48-A498-9359B0773631.jpegC9163FD1-7560-4FF6-B775-915E62EE4C58.jpeg7244B029-C478-48F5-B0BA-ADE333935937.jpeg

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
Horses can carry a hell of a lot more weight than e-bikes can. I also don't think you'll be seeing strings of e-bikes led by one person
How long until there is a motorized trailer to attach to your ebike?

I could see someone trying to make that work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Yup all on public and approved by USFS, power ran from generators, many camps across the west like this in nonmotorized areas.

Here’s another, just have to pack it all out. Oh and the main trail goes right through the middle of this approved camp. Just cracks me up some are agaisnt ebikes yet not horse camps. Truthfully not many ebikes could get anywhere once the snow falls like a horse can. I also can’t imagine riding an ebike in the mud and ice.View attachment 398180View attachment 398182View attachment 398181
It’s just hypocrisy in its finest. If a horse can use it, a bike should be able to as well. End of story.

Update on ORV stickers:

1- You will need to purchase an ORV sticker for your electric bike in Wyoming if you will be riding in an ORV area.

2- It’s not very expensive, $15. There is no reciprocity with other state ORV programs.

3- Electric bikes are only allowed on motorized trails in Wyoming. I didn’t ask this question but she told me anyway 😉.

You can contact Wyoming State Parks (the ones that regulate ORV use) and ask for yourself at 307-777-6323

cnelk

WKR
Update on ORV stickers:

1- You will need to purchase an ORV sticker for your electric bike in Wyoming if you will be riding in an ORV area.

2- It’s not very expensive, $15. There is no reciprocity with other state ORV programs.

3- Electric bikes are only allowed on motorized trails in Wyoming. I didn’t ask this question but she told me anyway 😉.

You can contact Wyoming State Parks (the ones that regulate ORV use) and ask for yourself at 307-777-6323
Contact the Wyoming BLM Office and see what they have to say... since you're on a mission ;)

Contact the Wyoming BLM Office and see what they have to say... since you're on a mission ;)

I’m pretty sure that the same rules apply as far as having the sticker in WY. If you are interested in riding your electric cycle on BLM in WY it would be a good idea to verify the accuracy of that. I’m not buying a motor bicycle. I replied with the info because Diona A. mentioned that he would like to see e-bike registration so it’s not just internal combustion motors paying for the maintenance. You mentioned that you’d like to see human powered bikes registered as well. I found the most relevant information. I didn’t say anything about regular bikes. No sticker required there. I may have just saved you or someone else a fine.
Mission accomplished. 👍

Last edited:

Here’s another, just have to pack it all out. Oh and the main trail goes right through the middle of this approved camp. Just cracks me up some are agaisnt ebikes yet not horse camps. Truthfully not many ebikes could get anywhere once the snow falls like a horse can. I also can’t imagine riding an ebike in the mud and ice.View attachment 398180View attachment 398182View attachment 398181
Looks like an Outfitting business with a special use permit from the Forest Service, no? I mean they're making a mess in the mud which sucks, but probably the only outfitter in the area. I don't think its really a good comparison to legalizing e-bikes.

EDIT - I don't know what the regs are but outfitter or not, they are not practicing "leave no trace" to say the least. I would like to see that mess ticketed, but again, I don't get the comparison to legalizing e-bikes.

CoStick

WKR
Looks like an Outfitting business with a special use permit from the Forest Service, no? I mean they're making a mess in the mud which sucks, but probably the only outfitter in the area. I don't think its really a good comparison to legalizing e-bikes.
I posted an article earlier that goes into more detail but it wouldn’t be a legalization of ebikes rather a reclassification of the trails to motorized it seems to say.

WRM

WKR
Until I can fly out in my personal drone (I prefer "flying car" of Popular Mechanics of old), I'll walk. Drones are coming. Won't stop them if ebikes make it. Much less harm to nature.

Heck, put a gun and grapple on your drone and set your azz at the house and hunt.

Until I can fly out in my personal drone (I prefer "flying car" of Popular Mechanics of old), I'll walk. Drones are coming. Won't stop them if ebikes make it. Much less harm to nature.

Heck, put a gun and grapple on your drone and set your azz at the house and hunt.
Maybe we could make it a video game but with a real kill. I bet that’d sell like crazy. It might even outsell e-bikes.

I posted an article earlier that goes into more detail but it wouldn’t be a legalization of ebikes rather a reclassification of the trails to motorized it seems to say.
gotcha, but I think the thread turned into a discussion of just that. one thing that gets me is people claiming they are silent, those electric motors are not silent they're pretty obnoxious. Maybe newer ones are it's been quite a while since I had firsthand experience

WRM

WKR
Maybe we could make it a video game but with a real kill. I bet that’d sell like crazy. It might even outsell e-bikes.

Well--I mighta suggested a similar project of a shooter game in the general area of the southern border a few years back. But, I don't think you can say those kind of things anymore.

I'll be damned if the local news isn't about to run a segment on our big local base testing a "flying car". It's the Hexa drone--up to 90 MPH. It's over boys.

That same base is having problems with ebikes right now.

gotcha, but I think the thread turned into a discussion of just that. one thing that gets me is people claiming they are silent, those electric motors are not silent they're pretty obnoxious. Maybe newer ones are it's been quite a while since I had firsthand experience

I had one cone up on me from behind, I didn't hear it. I heard leaves crunching rapidly, I thought this is it....