Good Reading Material for the tent

Traindriver

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any suggestions on a book that would be good to read while waiting out the darkness and fog?

Trying to keep the batteries charged on the phone.

*zap*

WKR
J L Bournes Day by Day Armageddon series...zombie action at its best. I chit you not. 4 books...plenty of hours there.

Apollo117

WKR
Just about anything from King or Lovecraft. You know, something to put you in the mood for being alone in the woods.

fishslap

WKR
I read In the Heart of the Sea all in one sitting without putting it down. You can be the judge of whether it’s good tent material but I like something that keeps my mind from wandering. I also like MUZZLELOADER magazine. Really good history pieces in each one - Boone, Sam Houston, other early America figures.

sjwfarms

Lil-Rokslider
Any of the classics by Robert Ruark,,,,Horn of the Hunter, for starters, all great

manitou1

WKR
John Geirach has a very entertaining writing style. He will pit you there right next to him on his adventures... and you will find yourself chuckling aloud at times.

All fly fishing books though.

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
I read In the Heart of the Sea all in one sitting without putting it down. You can be the judge of whether it’s good tent material but I like something that keeps my mind from wandering. I also like MUZZLELOADER magazine. Really good history pieces in each one - Boone, Sam Houston, other early America figures.
I really enjoyed that one as well. Lots of tips on how to survive in a group.

Any of the Jim Corbett books, master of the jungle is one of my favs. Ghost Grizzlies is another good one, Robert Ruark and Chapstick are both good. Jim Zumbo's To Heck With Hunting series is good. Anything John Gierach wrote is solid. Same goes for Patrick McManus.

I only read when on hunting trips. I am currently on the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box. Start with the first one and go in order. Joe is a Wyoming game warden and the books are a very good read.