Help me catch this rat!

It's 8 AM where the OP lives right now...he's either:

1) celebrating with shots, and trotting the rats heads on a pike all around the yard for the other animals to see, and making sweet love to his wife like when the troops returned from Europe in 1945
2) gathering the courage to post here that, yet again, the insurgent rat is able to survive this asymmetrical warfare, further dragging out the timeline, and threatening to extend this another season as the 'fighting season' yields to winter

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
"The only thing that could make this better would be some Elknut rat memes."

You might be on to something! Ratnut App, tips/techniques, calls and How to's..

Sure hope OP doesn't leave us hanging now. This thread's got more legs than a tracking thread we're all pulling for.

Anxiously waiting for the OP to post an update this morning, iv told all employee's I will be on hiatus until then.

please, please, please, LET THERE BE BLOOD!!!!!

OP

3forks

WKR
I did not catch the rat last night.

I also have not seen evidence of the bastard in the garden.

I dusted the garden bed he likes with flour in an effort to see if I could get a track, but it rained pretty hard last night so that didn’t work.

There’s no way this rat moved or was killed by something else… I’m sure he’s hunkered under the deck.

I don’t want to keep dragging this thread out, but felt compelled to reply so you guys don’t wonder what happened.

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
I think we have all been thinking about this possibility, but have been cautious to admit it openly. It is time for an intervention.

Given the intermittent nature of the creatures habits, the obvious intelligence level of the quarry, and the inability of the OP to actually lay eyes on the animal himself....it is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that what we have here is an unmistakable case of lycanthropy.

We are dealing with a wererat.

In fact the OP should come to grips with the fact that he himself could be the creature.
Only coming out at night, possibly during a full moon...........
sorry brother

When you catch the bastard, you have to mount it. It can be the annual Rokslide trophy for the best and/or longest thread each year and be passed on every year to the new winner. Hell, I’d like to see tshirts and hats made after this elusive rat from Nymn.

Last edited:
I didn't read through it all, but if no one suggested yet. You need to get three turtles to offer it. Then it can leave to the sewers to train them in kung fu.

I think we have all been thinking about this possibility, but have been cautious to admit it openly. It is time for an intervention.

Given the intermittent nature of the creatures habits, the obvious intelligence level of the quarry, and the inability of the OP to actually lay eyes on the animal himself....it is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that what we have here is an unmistakable case of lycanthropy.

We are dealing with a wererat.

In fact the OP should come to grips with the fact that he himself could be the creature.
Only coming out at night, possibly during a full moon...........
sorry brother
This is a very real possibility. Explains the odd noises the wife was hearing. Also the uncanny ability to know where all the traps are located

KHNC

WKR
10 pages on catching a rat? lol. Definitely tell hunting season isnt full bore yet.

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t want to spend the money on a good nature trap you could always get a sticky trap and put it where he walks. They are kind of cruel as the rat will be stuck there until you shoot him in the face. I killed many this way. But the good nature trap works better.