Help with Muzzle Brake

Ramblin99

WKR
I mounted an APA Gen 1 Micro on my Rem Model Seven in 300WSM. It tamed the recoil very well and I was very happy with it. I've also used the Christensen Slayer brake recently on a .300 RUM and it does a nice job. I especially like the top ports and the ability to "tune" them to reduce or even eliminate muzzle rise. The Slayer comes in 5/8" and 1/2" options.

Keith

OP
Muley Buck
I mounted an APA Gen 1 Micro on my Rem Model Seven in 300WSM. It tamed the recoil very well and I was very happy with it. I've also used the Christensen Slayer brake recently on a .300 RUM and it does a nice job. I especially like the top ports and the ability to "tune" them to reduce or even eliminate muzzle rise. The Slayer comes in 5/8" and 1/2" options.

Keith
Honestly, I got spoiled this year after I started shooting and using my Tikka CTR chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with an APA little bastard gen 2. Recoil is next to nothing, which is nice to cut down on. But what really got me turned on was the lack of muzzle flip and being able to watch impacts. I got to make a kill on a deer this year and for the first time got to watch it all happen in the scope! It was awesome! I can surely appreciate how nice being able to do that is since I tend to hunt alone for the better part of the seasons. I can shoot my 7 mag in a 30-40 round session with little to no problem, but it's easy to see what I have been missing after shooting the 6.5 set up the way it is. I know it's not apples for apples in caliber and in rifle, but it should get me close, if not closer to what I am trying to achieve. Thank you gentlemen.

OP
Muley Buck
Well my smith called me a couple weeks ago and said he finished threading my barrel and installing my brake. Well, I finally had the opportunity to make it up to him today and pick up my barreled action. It turned out great! I got home and got it all put back together, now I can't wait to get it zeroed and start burning powder!20200112_190150.jpg20200112_185236.jpg20200112_185225.jpg20200112_185202.jpg20200112_181233.jpg

Maz7869

FNG
Well my smith called me a couple weeks ago and said he finished threading my barrel and installing my brake. Well, I finally had the opportunity to make it up to him today and pick up my barreled action. It turned out great! I got home and got it all put back together, now I can't wait to get it zeroed and start burning powder!View attachment 146253View attachment 146254View attachment 146255View attachment 146256View attachment 146258
How did you like that break I am looking at putting a break on my sako 85 in 7 mag as well mine has the McMillan edge stock

OP
Muley Buck
How did you like that break I am looking at putting a break on my sako 85 in 7 mag as well mine has the McMillan edge stock
I actually really like it. It works really well. If I were to do it again today, I'd probably take a hard look at a Ti Pro Tiny though.