Hey “Karen”!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Went to cabelas to pick up an online order. Got there 15 minutes before they opened. 20 guys in line to make a run to the gun counter. I talked to an employee at sportsmans a couple weeks back and he said they see the same thing. Same group of guys buying whatever they can get their hands on. Just like the guys on here asking which powders are most popular so they can buy or the guys with piles of powder they can’t use and are just getting into reloading but buying every primer, bullet and powder the store will sell them, for guns they don’t own!

If everyone would just STOP and buy what you need we could all get what we needed. No different than the toilet paper hoarders from last year. There’s enough to go around, except when people think they need to buy 10,000s of primers and pounds and pounds of powders. You sir, are the problem. Just STOP IT KAREN!

ok I’m done and feel better. Go ahead and tell me it’s a free country and everyone can do what they want.

ndayton

WKR
Its hard as a new reloader to know what to buy and even harder not to buy something you may not need but aren't sure. I just cancelled an order of IMR8133 because I was able to get some H1000 and H4831 so hopefully someone who needs that powder will get it.
Earlier this morning I had an order for 5000 large rifle primers in my cart ready to order but didn't place it because I want large rifle magnum, this is the second time I could have ordered primers but didn't because its not what I'm looking for.
I just have to remind myself to be patient and wait for what I need.

Its hard as a new reloader to know what to buy and even harder not to buy something you may not need but aren't sure. I just cancelled an order of IMR8133 because I was able to get some H1000 and H4831 so hopefully someone who needs that powder will get it.
Earlier this morning I had an order for 5000 large rifle primers in my cart ready to order but didn't place it because I want large rifle magnum, this is the second time I could have ordered primers but didn't because its not what I'm looking for.

If you were able to get h1000 you're one up on me.

ndayton

WKR
If you were able to get h1000 you're one up on me.
Pure luck, I do desktop support so I keep tabs open on the main powder suppliers and just happened to notice Powder Valley had 1lb H1000 in stock so I was able to order 3, it went so fast that the Discord reloading group didn't even have an in stock notification.

This is what I don't get. 5,000 primers. 5,000?! Are you going to shoot 5,000 rounds? 1 brick would burn out my barrel. I'm sitting on about 2/3 brick magnum and 2/3 brick of standard primers and feeling pretty stocked. Maybe I just don't shoot enough I used to buy them 100 at a time.

Rob5589

WKR
This is what I don't get. 5,000 primers. 5,000?! Are you going to shoot 5,000 rounds? 1 brick would burn out my barrel. I'm sitting on about 2/3 brick magnum and 2/3 brick of standard primers and feeling pretty stocked. Maybe I just don't shoot enough I used to buy them 100 at a time.
Oh yeah, for sure. Maybe not on a hunting rifle but for a match type gun you can burn through hundreds a month. It wasn't uncommon for guys I used to shoot with to have 3-5 match guns burning out barrels 2-3 times a year. I was a low volume shooter with two rifles and would burn through a couple hundred rounds in each gun per month.

ndayton

WKR
Yeah I agree but if my options are 0 or 5000 I will buy the 5000 keep what I need and Bernie Sanders the rest. Currently I am load developing for two magnum rifles, if I had my guns dialed and 2/3 a brick like you I would be just fine to ride this out.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yeah I agree but if my options are 0 or 5000 I will buy the 5000 keep what I need and Bernie Sanders the rest. Currently I am load developing for two magnum rifles, if I had my guns dialed and 2/3 a brick like you I would be just fine to ride this out.
I don’t even care if a guy has 5k. I’m talking the guys with 10-100k!!!! Half these guys will die with a closet full of primers.

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
Pure luck, I do desktop support so I keep tabs open on the main powder suppliers and just happened to notice Powder Valley had 1lb H1000 in stock so I was able to order 3, it went so fast that the Discord reloading group didn't even have an in stock notification.
It didn't even ping my distill.. you were on it fast!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I might do some unspeakable things to score some primers and h4350. Calling all widows... 😂
What primers do you need? I have 200 Rem 9 1/2M large rifle magnum that I can spare, 100 CCI 350 large magnum pistol, and 100 Win W209 primers.

And if you want to drive down, I've got two pounds of RL22 that I can spare, and I could sell you 1/2 of my 8lb jug of H4350. $40/lb. I could also probably spare 3-4 pounds of Accurate 2200.

Oh yeah, for sure. Maybe not on a hunting rifle but for a match type gun you can burn through hundreds a month. It wasn't uncommon for guys I used to shoot with to have 3-5 match guns burning out barrels 2-3 times a year. I was a low volume shooter with two rifles and would burn through a couple hundred rounds in each gun per month.
Yeah I hear that I'm not a match or long-range guy I'm just a hunter. I do enjoy reloading. Different perspective for sure

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
What primers do you need? I have 200 Rem 9 1/2M large rifle magnum that I can spare, 100 CCI 350 large magnum pistol, and 100 Win W209 primers.

And if you want to drive down, I've got two pounds of RL22 that I can spare, and I could sell you 1/2 of my 8lb jug of H4350. $40/lb. I could also probably spare 3-4 pounds of Accurate 2200.
That’s very generous offer at a fair price. I have a buddy that has enough primers to get him through and he is supplying me with primers until things settle down. I picked up 8lb of h1000 for some Los development for my 7saum. The 6.5 is going to stay in the closet for now until I can find brass, bullets, and eventually h4350. Thanks again for the offer and not trying to be that guy charging gun broker prices! 👍

*zap*

WKR
Went to cabelas to pick up an online order. Got there 15 minutes before they opened. 20 guys in line to make a run to the gun counter. I talked to an employee at sportsmans a couple weeks back and he said they see the same thing. Same group of guys buying whatever they can get their hands on. Just like the guys on here asking which powders are most popular so they can buy or the guys with piles of powder they can’t use and are just getting into reloading but buying every primer, bullet and powder the store will sell them, for guns they don’t own!

If everyone would just STOP and buy what you need we could all get what we needed. No different than the toilet paper hoarders from last year. There’s enough to go around, except when people think they need to buy 10,000s of primers and pounds and pounds of powders. You sir, are the problem. Just STOP IT KAREN!

ok I’m done and feel better. Go ahead and tell me it’s a free country and everyone can do what they want.
Yup. I posted a thread asking what are popular powders so if I see some @ reasonable prices ( you had some wise comments on that also) I would buy and then trade for the things I need that I may not see @ reasonable prices. If you do not like that then tfb.

If everyone would just stop......well that's optimistic and not the current situation we find ourselves in so I will just work with what is happening right now and not hope for something different.

If everyone would never break a law we would have a good situation also but I am not waiting for that either so I will be prepared to defend myself and people who I care about.

I think your a Karen.....stop on by and prove me wrong, Douglas county, Kansas.... just make an appointment so I schedule you in.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yup. I posted a thread asking what are popular powders so if I see some @ reasonable prices ( you had some wise comments on that also) I would buy and then trade for the things I need that I may not see @ reasonable prices. If you do not like that then tfb.

If everyone would just stop......well that's optimistic and not the current situation we find ourselves in so I will just work with what is happening right now and not hope for something different.

If everyone would never break a law we would have a good situation also but I am not waiting for that either so I will be prepared to defend myself and people who I care about.

I think your a Karen.....stop on by and prove me wrong, Douglas county, Kansas.... just make an appointment so I schedule you in.
Does someone have a guilty conscience? Zap...there was a guy on archerytalk that went by zap, that used to brag about buying his kids clothes at cabelas then returning them at the end of the season. This was back when cabelas had amazing return policies. Wouldn’t happen to be the same person?