Hot Sauce Recommendation?

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Need some new hot sauces. Not too hot something around a 2/5 or 3/5 maybe. I like the level of Tapatio picante hot sauce or Truff white truffle. Tired of getting random stuff that just isn't that good.

Any good dry hot sauces?

TX_Diver

WKR
Franks Red Hot and Cholula green pepper.

I've tried many but keep going back to those 2. Bonus points that they are available everywhere.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cholula, Tabasco, siracha are my favorite franks is good but only in limited applications. I can’t find anything readily available in a store but a sauce based on Fresno peppers is delicious.

There's a website called "Heatonist" that sells a metric shit ton of hot sauces with rated spice levels, ingredients, flavor profiles, etc. A couple hot sauces I use for flavor from there would be Los Calientes Rojo as well as Los Calientes Verde, for mexican food especially. I also like sauces from Heartbeat Hot Sauce company. But they have a hot sauce for basically any purpose on that site.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
There's a website called "Heatonist" that sells a metric shit ton of hot sauces with rated spice levels, ingredients, flavor profiles, etc. A couple hot sauces I use for flavor from there would be Los Calientes Rojo as well as Los Calientes Verde, for mexican food especially. I also like sauces from Heartbeat Hot Sauce company. But they have a hot sauce for basically any purpose on that site.
The Queen Majesty sauces from Heatonist are my wife and my favorites. Specifically the scotch bonnet & ginger, and the red habanero & black coffee. The Los Calientes Rojo is also very good.

The Queen Majesty sauces from Heatonist are my wife and my favorites. Specifically the scotch bonnet & ginger, and the red habanero & black coffee. The Los Calientes Rojo is also very good.
The black coffee Queen Majesty was a hit for me too. They do good stuff.

BBob

WKR
Valentina.
And around here about 1/3 of the cost of Cholula and Tapatio but right there with them on type and taste. I can buy a big 1L (32oz) bottle of Valentina for about the same price as a 360mL (12oz) of those other two. Cholula and Tapatio used to be cheap but have now become bougie or something with bougie pricing.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
cry baby craigs.

Also

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My homemade stuff is better than anything I have ever tasted. And we just made our own Sriracha that is dynamite. If bought, Crystals, Myanik, DL Jardines, Lethal Gator are all decent.