How do you store your gear?

hikenhunt

Bins on shelves for me. i had them stacked at one point but its a hassle when you need the bin at the bottom. I opted for the costco black bins with yellow tops when they went on sale. I just put a piece of duct tape on the front and use a sharpie to label what's in it.

ebonnette0118

Organized storage has been my current project. Black/yellow lid totes on shelving with labels for the bigger stuff. Smaller stuff is in labeled Sterilite drawers and old 4-drawer filing cabinets I got for dirt cheap (also labeled). This project has been a good opportunity to get rid of a bunch of junk I don't use.

Moving on to the workshop next to accomplish the same with tools.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Loper

After working from home for the last year and half and it looking like I’m not going to be called back into the office, I’m considering cleaning out my side of the closet and getting rid of 90% of my dress pants and 50% of my dress shirts to turn the majority of my closet into a “gear room”. I already have some stuff at the top of the closet, but I’d prefer to have as much as possible in a client controlled environment rather than in the garage.

Boarmaster

I am limited on space as well in Florida. I use stackable bins. I went thru a few cheap versions but now only use Rubbermaid Brute. I use a smaller size and a bigger size. The lids are interchangeable and they all stack regardless of the size. I bought a couple rolling shelf units so I can keep the bins off the floor and easily roll them to sweep under them. Its easier as well to access them on the shelf as you dont have to unstack so many. I have the same setup in my warehouse in AL where my lease is. When I started using bins I thought bigger was better my over the years I found out more smaller to medium size bins work better as there is less in them and less digging thru them to find things.

camelcluch

To help with a little space, the over head storage racks for the garage are great. They give a great space to store items that aren’t used often. I think Costco sells them or I’m sure you have a few companies that sell/install.