How long will the ammo shortage last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z987k

WKR
I'd imagine on some sort of liberal forum four years ago the sky was falling; "he's going to end healthcare!", "He's going to deport children!", Etc. Then someone was smart enough to remind folks that executive orders can, and regularly do, get challenged in court. Poopy ones get reversed before going into effect, and others get revoked by the next executive.
That and executive orders don't apply outside the executive branch and cannot override existing laws.

z987k

WKR
If GA goes D there will be no need of EO.
If all the D senators fall in line. Not all democrats hate guns. It's mostly the NE and Ca.
In Florida something like half of all registered democrats have a ccw.

Fatcamp

WKR
If all the D senators fall in line. Not all democrats hate guns. It's mostly the NE and Ca.
In Florida something like half of all registered democrats have a ccw.

Democrat Senators and Congressmen vote unanimously almost all the time. The Republicans aren't much better, but the ladies from ME and AK typically dissent on difficult issues. I don't even know if they were reelected.???

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I started this thread because I was pulling my hair out trying to find 6.5 PRC for a new rifle I have coming tomorrow.

Then I bought one box of ELD-X from a guy on GB for $75 shipped...he then offered me more at $65. Sweet, there’s 60 rounds

Check ammo-seek...boom, ELD-M in stock at Outdoor Limited. 3 boxes shipped for $180.

Then I had to travel a couple hours out of town after work, and mind you I’ve called everyone within 2 hours of me...go to the one place who hadn’t answered the phone. ELD-X in stock, limit 1 box per week, but at $43 out the door.

I feel better now lol.

Sevens

WKR
I talked to a guy at Bass Pro recently and I asked about what he thought about the ammo situation. He said there’s a group of 3-4 guys that show up everyday and wait for the ammo to be put on the shelves and they grab all they’re allowed and leave. It must be nice to have the time to hang around and wait on ammo to appear on the shelves.
Same guys who stand outside the liquor stores waiting for them to open to grab the allocated bourbon that arrived. Reason you can't find ammo is the same reason you can't find Blanton's.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Same guys who stand outside the liquor stores waiting for them to open to grab the allocated bourbon that arrived. Reason you can't find ammo is the same reason you can't find Blanton's.
Are they also standing in line for hair ties for their man buns and at the grocery store for their craft beers?

*zap*

WKR
I have done very well just poppin in to the two walmarts here and checkin on ammo availability.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Democrats = are generally pro gun control and generally err on the side of govt regs/control vs personal liberty
Republicans = are generally pro 2A and generally lean towards preservation of civil liberty vs govt regs/control

If you listen and aggregate data over a long period of time this is just the truth. People tell you who they are and what they’re for if you just listen to them. Knock it off with the ridiculous cherry picked Obama bullet points and say Dems are good for gun rights and 2A preservation. It’s what people do these days, say up is down, right is left, and here’s a couple convenient data points that irrefutably back it up. Seriously, knock it off.

As for the ammo shortage, a new part of my routine is checking ammoseek at 6 am every day, although 7mm-08 in 140 Accubond is like a unicorn currently. Hopefully in a month or two!

WKR
The hoarding will be short lived when people see that Biden isn't going to seriously affect gun laws. Possibly some window dressing to appease parts of his party, but I don't think there will be significant change, especially in anything hunting oriented.

Many of the new/recent gun owners would list a D behind their voting preference. I think that works in 2a's favor, with a lot more people familiar with and personally affected by any new gun laws.

You're just going to have to check every day regularly for the items you need. Stuff will come in to stock from time to time but you've gotta stay on top of it because it's going to disappear and fast. This is what makes you thankful for places like sportsmans warehouse and others who limit purchases to be able to help as many people as possible.

3forks

WKR
The hoarding will be short lived when people see that Biden isn't going to seriously affect gun laws. Possibly some window dressing to appease parts of his party, but I don't think there will be significant change, especially in anything hunting oriented.

Many of the new/recent gun owners would list a D behind their voting preference. I think that works in 2a's favor, with a lot more people familiar with and personally affected by any new gun laws.
I don’t know... I don’t mean to offend anyone who voted for Biden in this last election, but he seems to a puppet for the Democratic Party. I think any Dems who are first time gun buyers are buying guns due to them knowing under Biden, we’re going to see more restrictions.

The first school shooting we experience under Biden is going result in an immediate and concerted effort to put new restrictions in place. I would envision something like what New Zealand recently experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.