How many arrows do you carry in your quiver Elk hunting?

johnw

FNG
Carry four or five depending on how far I'm going. Typically only need one, but have used as many as three.

Bluto

WKR
Always full, which is 5. Same as the magazine in my sidearm if I’m in bear country, which is 15.

Elkhntr08

WKR
6 if using the hip quiver, 5 when using the TightSpot. Two in the elk with third ready in the bow, bad day.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
I carry six in the quiver. Five broadheads and a dedicated grouse arrow with different color fletching. Haven’t needed more than one for an elk but there is always that first time.

Laramie

WKR
I carry 4. 3 with broadheads and one judo point for grouse. I have never used more than one on an elk.

87TT

WKR
7,TightSpot. 5 reg BH, 1 grouse, 1 with throwdown BH for varmints. Most used on one elk was 2. But if I happened to need more on follow up, I will have them. My motto is "NO excuses".

Dennis

WKR
My first elk I shot three arrows! I shot the tree on the left then the tree on the right and finally one down the middle. I learned squatting on my haunches for several minutes then shooting while wobbling all over was not good shooting foam. Final shot was from my knees.

I carry 4 broadheads with two grouse/stump arrows for daily practice is my most common setup. I also carry additional broadheads in my pack to convert grouse/stump arrows to broadheads if needed.

Beendare

WKR
I like to stump shoot and kill grouse for dinner on these hunts so I take at least 5 or 6 arrows. It keeps me sharp. ( and thats why I don’t use a very expensive arrow ‘build’ grin)

One bull decades ago I shot 3 arrows to kill him….I was getting poor penetration with the Mech head and shot location I used at the time.