Do you leave your quiver on or off when elk hunting

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Quivers always on for me. I honestly can't even remember the last time I took it off. Same with my pack. See alot of videos where guys dump quiver and pack as a bull is coming in. If that works for them then great, but not for me. If arrows are falling out go to a tightspot or similar where you can adjust the amount of tension on arrows. I've got mine fairly tight and have added a additional rubber insert up higher to put even more grab on the arrows.

ElkNut1

WKR
I hunt with it on. Truth is I'd ditch it in a heartbeat if I could figure out a way to have it off but accessible. Haven't had success at it yet!

ElkNut

Quiver always on while hunting. Most of the year in practice the quiver is on but empty. I shoot it loaded a few weeks before seasons start. It doesn’t make a noticeable difference on my bow

TheTone

WKR
Always on, never lost an arrow in over 20 years of bow hunting. Used well mounted two piece quivers most of that time

Full quiver, always on.

I was practicing without a quiver for about a year but the bow definitely feels different. I decided I should practice in the most realistic way possible.

87TT

WKR
You mean they come off?
Seriously, I use a Tightspot and it only comes off to switch bows. I have worn one out I shot it so much. Tightspot sent me a new gripper. I have a seven arrow for hunting (Got to have a grouse arrow or two) and a 5 for practice.

Last edited:

Spoony

FNG
The only time it comes off is going into the case. The more mass, the more the bow doesnt want to move. BUT the more mass, the more your arm wants to move.

Read1t48

WKR
Always on. Always full. I practice exactly how I hunt… bino harness, full pack, etc. I know too many guys that put a hat on during hunting season, a neck gator, a gun, a bugle tube around their neck, or something that changes their anchor point or how they draw back and it is the difference between punching your tag and watching a miss.
I shot five arrows last night. It took me longer to put on all my crap, way longer, than it did for me to shoot my arrows.

Train to hunt.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My early efforts were sometimes on / sometimes off and that, in retrospect, was a mistake. I've joined the "always on" crowd.

Jaquomo

WKR
Always on, and I carry 4 arrows. But I hunted with longbows and recurves for 45 years so it was natural when I switched to compound. I tried the Tom Miranda method of a Catquiver attached to the side of my pack for a season, and it was a real PIA.

WBrim

WKR
Always on. Now with the 2 piece Mathews, definitely always on.
I figure keep the set up as similar as possible. Consistency helps.

WBrim

WKR
If I did take it off, I’d probably leave it where ever I set it down.

DanimalW

WKR
I only take it off if I’m sitting down hunting. Like in a treestand. Just too awkward sitting across my lap with the arrows there. I don’t really notice it shooting besides the rattle if there’s a loose arrow.

Quiver "ON " either my WF 19 or WF 21 CD Archery ILF recurve set ups risers . Keep an extra R Jenkins Safari Tuff tab and string on me also incase I experience rare rigg trouble etc .......

I hunt with the Quiver on, and practice year round with 5 arrows in it while shooting targets.