Do you leave your quiver on or off when elk hunting

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
Things can happen fast elk hunting. I do most of my practice with quiver on, 3D shoots, and always while hunting. It's only paid off one time, but I always have a second arrow on the string quickly just in case.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
Quiver always on. Remove one arrow from quiver while practicing, I try to get as close to exact conditions you will experience hunting.

Quiver stays on hunting and practicing. Always have it full and shoot till empty at range/backyard. Also practice with bino harness on just as I would hunting in the field.

87TT

WKR
Every arrow I shoot, practice or hunting, goes in and out of the quiver which is on my bow, When I'm shooting, I can't tell the difference in how many are in it. But maybe I'm just not "that" good.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
If you want the best accuracy and arrow flight you can get, you should always be shooting your bow in the exact condition it was in when it was tuned.

Variations in the bow's balance and the necessary hand torque needed to compensate for that can make a difference, especially at longer ranges.

That's one reason why advanced and competition archers run side-bars. To balance the weight of the components hanging off of the other side.