Do you leave your quiver on or off when elk hunting

Colby3

FNG
If you leave it off , how do you carry or access your quiver if you need another shot? Do you practice year round with a full quiver if you leave it on ?

Quiver off, attached to the belt of my pack for wilderness hunts only. Quiver on for whitetail. I practice with whatever setup I’ll use in the weeks leading up to the hunt.

CMF

WKR
My quiver is always on, I really can't understand the reasoning for taking it off. I had a DXT for 14 years and one of the selling points of going to the v3x was the fixed quiver. I've had issues with others making noise, or parts coming loose, etc.
I always practice with a full quiver of tipped arrows for the same weight. I actually just realized this week while doing the cold bow challenge that I should probably just shoot with 5 instead of 6 since in the field I'll be taking one out. oh well, I don't think it makes much difference anyway.
The quiver sits so close on this bow, I haven't been using the sidebar, its pretty well balanced.
I figure attached is also the quickest place I can reload from, which I've had to do many times...
IMG_9424.JPG

SwiftShot

WKR
I leave it on. I have used a Cat Quiver in the past. It did not work well. Now it is Quiver on the bow.

fatlander

WKR
Quiver off, attached to the belt of my pack for wilderness hunts only. Quiver on for whitetail. I practice with whatever setup I’ll use in the weeks leading up to the hunt.

This is the exact opposite of what I’d expect most people would do. Why quiver off for big game in the back country on an active hunt, but quiver on in a tree stand during a stationary hunt?

My quiver only comes off my bow to go in a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried it both ways but like quiver on the bow the best especially when trying to call a bull in. It can get a little crazy at times and I like knowing exactly where to grab another arrow should the need arise. I practice with a full quiver.

WMag338

WKR
Quiver on. Always. I also practice and tune my bows to have the quiver on. I also have my side bar weighted and positioned to counterbalance the quiver.

Jbxl20

WKR
I use a 5 arrow tight spot
Back country -Quiver on.
Tree stand hunting - quiver off

Jethro

WKR
Quiver on for elk hunting. Off in tree stand. I practice with quiver on a few times throughout Summer, but most of time quiver is off for practice.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
Always on elk hunting. Anything I take off and set down tends to gets lost chasing elk. Practice with it on.

Gerbdog

WKR
Quiver on, the motion for pulling and knocking an arrow is small from there if you find yourself in front of an elk or incase you whiffed your first shot (it happens), practice with it on as well.

rclouse79

WKR
I always leave mine on. I have had a couple junky quivers. After buying a tight spot I wished I had switched sooner.

Dennis

WKR
Always on and loaded.

About six weeks before season I start using bow quiver arrows for shooting practice rather than hip quiver. Helps when unexpected shots are presented or follow up shots are needed.

On and I don't use an adjustable sight either....

I practice with this setup year-round.