How many packs?

Saiselgi

FNG
How many packs do you run? Do you have a pack for several hunting scenarios or one pack for all?

I always seem to be adding another pack, it’s the one piece of gear I’m constantly testing and experimenting with.

Currently I have a couple of tree stand packs, a short day pack, a meat hauling day pack and a multi day meat hauling pack.

I’ve been trying to consolidate to one or two packs recently, I’m not doing so well.

Fatcamp

WKR
One Cabela's packframe I have modified to work for me. Any sort of hunting or scouting it is with me. For walking away from the car or boat with the family I have a top load daypack.

Packs are too expensive for me to geek out on.

Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 for multi day spike hunt camps, Eberlestock Team Elk Pack for Day hunt Pack and strap tree stands to it. Two Kelty packs for training and offseason hiking. Camelback for spring/summer day hikes.

rclouse79

WKR
I bought the large kifaru timberline about a decade ago and have used it hard for everything. It is starting to show its age. I will definitely buy another when it is time. I would rather buy one quality pack big enough to do multi-day trips. The weight penalty doesn’t bother me for a day trip.

I run Kuiu packs. The modularity with them is what I love most. I bought the Carbon fiber frame and then I was able to buy a 3000 unit and a 6000 unit bag for the same frame. Then I have the ability to just have one frame that can haul meat from the backcountry yet the ability to exchange the bags depending on if I am doing a day hunt or 5-day backpack hunt.

I only have 1 pack. It is a Seek Outside Saker custom build that is a do-it-all pack...Goes from 1400 cubic inches to 7400 cubic inches plus a meat hauler. Sub 4.5 lbs. This video is of the Brooks pack which is the exact same pack except it doesn't have the breakaway system to carry a load between the suspension and packbag.

How many packs do you run? Do you have a pack for several hunting scenarios or one pack for all?

I always seem to be adding another pack, it’s the one piece of gear I’m constantly testing and experimenting with.

Currently I have a couple of tree stand packs, a short day pack, a meat hauling day pack and a multi day meat hauling pack.

I’ve been trying to consolidate to one or two packs recently, I’m not doing so well.
2 packs. I large EMR 2 frame pack that I use for overnight hunting or general backpacking trips and 1 day pack ( around 30 L )that has a removeable waist belt . I can get bye with all endeavors with these 2. Yes. I have 5-7 other packs laying around. Ha ! BUT. BUT. I dont use these anymore and plan to have a garage sale.

For scouting, I run a SlumberJack Carbine 2500. For most hunts I use a Kuiu 3200 Pro. If I am carry everything on my back I use a Kuiu 5200 Pro or 7200 Pro. I could do away with the 5200 and be fine.

For local hunts where I will be packing out an animal larger than a Coues, I use a SlumberJack Rail Hauler.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
One. A kifaru mountain rambler. Bare bones it is probably 3,000 cubic inches. I can get it to about 6,000 cubic inches with pockets, a lid, ect. It is perfect for a day hunt and fine for a week-long winter trip with it.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Ultra 6000 and a Stone Glacier Xcurve with an avail 2200. Probably selling the kuiu to a buddy and buying a SG solo and then one of the big bags whenever I need it. I think the Solo will handle a large percentage of my trips

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Currently- 5....

MR Pop-Up 28 - love this for day hunts, second year of use, packed out a 4pt mulie

Seek Outside 6300 Fortress - several seasons of use. Used the frame and talon to pack out 2 moose, 1 elk. Used with the bag to packout 2 caribou, 3 mnt goat. Love the waterproof X-pack material (I sealed the seams). The 28” frame fits for me.

MR Marshall - just got out this year. My brother used it for caribou. I wore it for part of the pack out with his bull and it was comfy. The hip belt is awesome - didn’t slip even in the rain, rain gear on, packing thru thick, wet balsams. I preferred this hip belt over the S.O., but the load lifters could be higher for me.

Camp trails frame pack -, I’ve had this since ‘97.... it’s my loaner for packing moose/elk quarters.

Badlands Clutch - I don’t use, need to sell it...

AKaDougie

FNG
Gear whoring is the life for me!
I got 3 big brand packs for hunting and some smaller Kelty and badlands packs I abuse for fishing.

Currently😜