How much does your spike camp pack weigh?

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
My packs' coming in about 50 lbs with 7 days worth of food & my camp supplies + jacket. What about you?

BDRam16

WKR
Right around 22ish pounds in the pack. Weapon and bino harness not included in that. 1-1.5 lbs of food per day extra and probably 6lbs in water on top for around 3L. 5 days would put me right around 35lbs. That goes up if it’s going to be a rougher weather forecast.

Hnthrdr

WKR
30ish pounds dry, not including weapon or binos… I aways try to keep it under 40 especially early season

wyogoat

WKR
I’ll be about 35 lbs by myself. A little less the second weekend when my buddy comes along.

Northpark

WKR
Depends. Dry weight without water or food for September at 10,000’ it’s around 25lbs. Now add a pound of food per day and I’m up to over 32lbs for the week. Now add the bino harness, and rangefinder I’m up to around 35lbs. If water is nonissue than just a couple liters at 2.2lbs/ liter I’m up to 39lbs, add weapon, I’m at about 47lbs.

fatlander

WKR
Depends. Dry weight without water or food for September at 10,000’ it’s around 25lbs. Now add a pound of food per day and I’m up to over 32lbs for the week. Now add the bino harness, and rangefinder I’m up to around 35lbs. If water is nonissue than just a couple liters at 2.2lbs/ liter I’m up to 39lbs, add weapon, I’m at about 47lbs.

This is about where I’m at as well. However I eat lot. I’m at 2 pounds 6 ounces a day in food for 3500-4000 cal.

1 pound seems really light. How many calories are you eating per day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m generally not spike camping, but this year I’m gonna do things a bit differently. I’m shooting for a 30lb pack.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on if water is scarce. If there are a few water spots I don't wanna be competing with the wildlife for water so I'll lug in 6l to 8l for easy access at camp. If there is water everywhere ill take it and fill it. Otherwise, basic pack weight without food runs me about 30.

Days out will depend on food needed and weight. I do about 1lb of food per day.

BDRam16

WKR
This is about where I’m at as well. However I eat lot. I’m at 2 pounds 6 ounces a day in food for 3500-4000 cal.

1 pound seems really light. How many calories are you eating per day?

Jeeze man. I couldn’t get that much food down without feeling like a sloth lol. I’m also not a large human (5’8” 160), so I’m pretty content at right around 2000cal/day. I usually just munch on bars or something throughout the day and eat a bag meal in the evening. Around 20oz weight per day.

fatlander

WKR
Jeeze man. I couldn’t get that much food down without feeling like a sloth lol. I’m also not a large human (5’8” 160), so I’m pretty content at right around 2000cal/day. I usually just munch on bars or something throughout the day and eat a bag meal in the evening. Around 20oz weight per day.

I’m a fat kid at heart, hence the handle. I’m not terribly large by any stretch (5’ 10” 185), but I really like to eat, especially when I’m in the mountains. I eat around 3200 cals a day at home, so in the mountains I bump it up a bit more with the higher energy output. I envy you guys that can survive on 2k calories a day. I’d wither away to nothing at that level haha.

cjdewese

WKR
43 lbs with food and water.

It would be much heavier but we have water near our spike camp so we don't need to carry as much as we would otherwise.

LoggerDan

WKR
Is this a contest? Hasn’t this subject been beat to Holy death? A little searching could have saved you the trouble of typing this and checking your notifications all day, which will happen because like vegans and californians, they love to tell ya how much they do or dont carry.

Is this a contest? Hasn’t this subject been beat to Holy death? A little searching could have saved you the trouble of typing this and checking your notifications all day, which will happen because like vegans and californians, they love to tell ya how much they do or dont carry.
I’m pretty sure it’s called a discussion forum, where members are free to discuss, mostly, whatever they wish.

The Rokslide motto- Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart.

Not- Tiptoe around Dan

My packs' coming in about 50 lbs with 7 days worth of food & my camp supplies + jacket. What about you?
Does this include weapon? If not, that's pretty damn heavy.

I shoot for around 30lb in the pack, and my rifle is 8lb strapped into it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk