How often does everyone upgrade their packs?

S.Clancy

WKR
What's the durability experience on the Terminus?
I only have a year and 6 animals. The foam of the shoulder straps and belt is denser, I have had no change that I can feel.

As far as the fabric, I cant tell any wear really, nor do I have any holes or anything. I personally love that fabric. No zipper issues either. I did break one prong off the waist belt buckle somehow, but it still held until I got a replacement.

I have a DT1 pack on Tactical Frame and Hoodlum pack on UL Frame. I doubt I'll ever buy another pack at this point.i bought the DT1 in 2013 and got rid of the Bikini frame for the Tactical Frame a few years ago when I got the Hoodlum and UL Frame

Sneaker

FNG
I got a nice Kuiu pack 6 or 7 years ago, used it a ton, it eventually started falling apart, and they sent me a new one free of charge that I’ve been using for a year… most of you guys seem like you switch to the new thing pretty quick haha, how much better can they really get? Haha at this point the actual incremental gains/improvements have to be quite small?

I’ve been using the same Kifaru frame for 8 hard years. It’s held up pretty remarkably in my opinion considering the number of brutal miles and days.

Late this past season I upgraded to an Exo K4. I wanted to shave some weight and honestly the foam on the Kifaru was pretty well dead and felt uncomfortable with minimal weight no matter how I adjusted it . Yes I could get new hip belt/straps but my main driver was shaving several pounds on the empty pack and trying a different layout. I can still easily recommend the Kifaru to anyone that wants a bombproof option. No doubt it carries weight well.

I’m hoping the K4 lasts as long. So far so good,