How to catch an untrapable mouse.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Poison. I would also assume it's not one mouse, it's multiple. It's always multiple... Particularly if they have been there a while

Scrappy

WKR
I use the “better mouse trap” they’re grey and you just pinch them to set them. I put them up against the baseboard/wall, usually no bait. They get caught just walking through them as they go down the wall.
Exactly what I've been doing at work.

They work way better than any other I've ever tried.
Intruder 30442 The Better Mousetrap, 6-Pack https://a.co/d/5gVrWi7

Fordguy

WKR
In college I dated a gal who had a similar mouse problem. I tried everything I could think of, but ended up hunting it with a daisy bb gun in the kitchen... successfully. It was definitely a mouse of a lifetime. Unfortunately, her jack russel terrier swallowed my miniscule trophy before I could take a picture.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Maybe a vole?? Our cat sometimes brings live voles in the house. These things don't go to bait like mice do. Rather, the idea is to put the trap in its traveled path, if you can predict that.

Tough being outwitted by a rodent. BTDT.
I was almost thinking it's not a mouse. Poop is very small. I've never not been able to catch them when we know we have them. Typically the cat just kills them. I'm confident it's only 1 rodent right now.

I've put traps in every orientation imaginable including in the path I suspect hrs traveling. No dice.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Ralphie

WKR
Glue traps arranged so there Is no way around or through them without hitting the glue. Including the edges of the trap where there is no glue. Overlap them. Peanut butter in the glue too.

packer58

WKR
I was almost thinking it's not a mouse. Poop is very small. I've never not been able to catch them when we know we have them. Typically the cat just kills them. I'm confident it's only 1 rodent right now.

I've put traps in every orientation imaginable including in the path I suspect hrs traveling. No dice.

That got me thinking when you said "very small poop" maybe a lizard, they crap on my table saw all the time ......

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Place a block of tomcat in the center of the glue trap.
I caught one in my car in the Bridget bowl parking lot this way once.
8205354B-54FF-4110-9EB7-13E82CED62EA.jpeg

TheCougar

WKR
Some friends taught my son a brutally efficient mouse trap. Get a bucket (any size), fill it 3-4 inches with water. Take a soda can, and punch a hole in the middle of the bottom. Take dental floss and run it through the hole in the bottom and the opening of the can and tie off either end on the sides of the bucket. At this point, you will have a soda can suspended over the center of the bucket that spins freely on the dental floss. Cover the can with Peanut Butter. Place a stick or other climbable device propped up as a ramp to the top of the bucket. The mouse climbs the ramp, jumps from the rim of the bucket onto the soda can, spins and falls into the water. My son killed over 50 mice in 2 nights using this method.Moment-App-20221002095525636.jpegMoment-App-20221003172114491.jpeg

Last edited:
Some friends taught my son a brutally efficient mouse trap. Get a bucket (any size), fill it 3-4 inches with water. Take a soda can, and punch a hole in the middle of the bottom. Take dental floss and run it through the hole in the bottom and the opening of the can and tie off either end on the sides of the bucket. At this point, you will have a soda can suspended over the center of the bucket that spins freely on the dental floss. Cover the can with Peanut Butter. Place a stick or other climbable device propped up as a ramp to the top of the bucket. The mouse climbs the ramp, jumps from the rim of the bucket onto the soda can, spins and falls into the water. My son killed over 50 mice in 2 nights using this method.View attachment 678467View attachment 678468
This is one of my favorite traps for mice. If you’re just targeting one animal, the Victor rat zapper works really well—finally caught a pack rat that had been driving me nuts when I switched to the zapper.

My granddad would always use a small piece of fried chicken to catch the tough ones on a traditional trap.
Someone finally told him about the bucket trap and once he used it, he never had another traditional trap in his shop.

Good luck catching that sneak little sob

Swamp Fox

WKR
No. She's pregnant, pissed and annoyed. That's why I'm here asking for help .

Tell her to chill out and that house mice make great pets. (Ask me how I know.)

This will solve your problem. It's an expensive solution because of the divorce, but the good news is you'll be single again without any mouse drama ...

For a mouse like this, there's only one way that's 100% effective. Trust me.

You've got to get a fishing pole, and tie a loop with a slip knot at the end of the fishing line.

Open the loop and set it flat on the bathroom floor with a big, triangular piece of cheese in the middle of the loop.

Let about 20 feet of line out and get a lawn chair. Set the chair up where you can see into the bathroom, and sit and wait with the fishing pole in hand.

STAY ON HIGH ALERT! AS SOON AS YOUR MOUSE SINKS HIS TEETH INTO THE CHEESE, YOU SET THAT HOOK LIKE THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER WATCHED A BOBBER DIP BELOW A LAKE SURFACE!

Boom! Now you've got a mouse in a loop, and he's yours to do with as you please!

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
Create a fatal funnel with non chewable objects on the floor…metal file cabinet…hope chest…

Funnel him into a glue trap that’s baited with a single kernel wide line of corn. Put corn all the way across the trap in case he is on the other side. Add a splash of molasses to it.