How to close shoulder gap.

geriggs

WKR
Looking for some help on lowering the gap on my shoulder straps. I’m a big frame guy so the shoulder straps tend to cut into me sometimes. Not terribly bad but don’t want to make it worse. Any suggestions would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Pics would help

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1003.jpeg
    IMG_1003.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 115

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like you just need to shorten the shoulder straps a bit. Everyones different but I usually run that elastic band on the shoulder strap right near my collar bone and adjust the load lifter angle from there. Loosen the load lifters when your adjusting your shoulder straps, get them where you want then engage the load lifters and I bet your going to good to go!

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
I did lower the yoke but I am fear it is bottoming out at the butt pad. I’ll look at it again.

BBob

WKR
It looks like the yoke is probably okay. If the shoulder pad attachment point is below the tops of your shoulders (traps) and down near the top of your shoulder blades or a touch lower you are probably okay where you are.

Loosen load lifters way up, tighten shoulder straps until they wrap nicely up and over the shoulders then snug the load lifters.

Make sure you adjust load lifter pull point to at least the top of or better slightly in front of the top of the shoulder.

Load lifters should be loosened before taking pack off or before putting pack back on. Once the pack is on adjust load lifter tension. If you leave a bunch of tension on the load lifters when putting the pack on you run the risk of the shoulder pad bunching up.

If your preference is to loosen shoulder straps before taking a pack off loosen the load lifters first, then the shoulder straps. Putting it back on is the opposite. Tighten shoulder straps then load lifters.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
I did lower the yoke but I am fear it is bottoming out at the butt pad. I’ll look at it again.

Don’t worry about that, here’s how close mine are to the pad. Ones closer just due to my body shape.

Attachments

• B827B9FB-EF48-434A-B83B-F742AEC17BE2.jpeg
    B827B9FB-EF48-434A-B83B-F742AEC17BE2.jpeg
    473.2 KB · Views: 46
OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Ok thanks for the suggestions.

Marble

WKR
Ok thanks for the suggestions.

Also, if you look at some of the YouTube videos Kifaru puts out, it gives a great tutorial.

The easiest way I remember how to put my pack on properly is to start from the bottom and go up. Finish with the chest strap.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

CCooper

WKR
You can forego the use the top webbing strap your shoulder straps run through to help get a better fit as well. It will allow a little more contour. Aaron suggested that to me a long time ago.

BDRam16

WKR
I agree with what others are saying…your load lifters need to be loosened some and then tighten the bottom webbing of the strap. Like where the only adjustment would be on the strap of a regular backpack.

Also curious how much weight you have in the pack for that pic. It’s supposed to be fitted with around 25-30ish lbs.