How to talk about Hunting.

def90

WKR
Not that hard to do, the few times people have seen me come out of the woods at trail heads and have asked have all been pretty interested. Other times when asked why I hunt I simply said that I decided that if I was going to eat meat I was going to make an effort to being a part of the complete cycle of consumption rather than just going to the store and buying it wrapped in plastic. Even living in Boulder I’ve never met anyone that has ever given me any grief.

Felix40

WKR
We need to start by talking to other hunters and getting them to act right when they are out there. Nothing like being on a hike with the family and seeing a truckload of guys jump out of a truck and start blasting away at a herd of elk from the road. Or finding game animals rotting in the woods with very little meat removed. Or seeing guys all over the internet promoting gut shooting hogs so they will run to the neighbors property and die. Or seeing on the news all the time that a hunter shot someone thinking they were an animal.

If we could clean up the way hunters act, we would have a whole lot more reasonable people on our side. As it is, I totally understand how someone on the outside could think hunting is disgusting.