Howa Superlite

dkynoch

FNG
This new rifle from Howa might be pretty cool. 4.7 lbs. Has anyone had any first hand experience with one? Or handled one?
e4f482b6a90dcbb75f35d2670ab53d8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Tmac

WKR
My Howa Mini has a two stage trigger that has what I’d call take up, not creep. It is the newer HACT I believe they call it. Anyway, the first stage is really slack to get to what then becomes a pretty serviceable single stage. I’d recommend dry firing one to see how you like it. Actual trigger creep is bad juju, take up as a first stage is fine if it finishes with a good breaking second stage, imho anyway.

Tmac, I fully understand the difference between a single stage and two stage triggers. Two stage triggers came about in military applications to help reduce unintentional discharges by adding "take up" (i.e. the first stage). For those of us used to a good single stage trigger and who know well enough to keep our booger hooks off of the bang switch until we are ready to fire, the first stage is nothing more than trigger creep and putting them on a bolt rifle is stupid.

stevea

FNG
I'd be interested in one as well. I replaced my other Howa trigger , it wasn't great at all.

I handled at howa mini carbon stalker at the gun shop the other day it it was incredibly handy. I’ve read they will be releasing them in 6mm ARC and I will be getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been waiting to see some feedback on this rifle as well. I definitely wouldn’t mind picking one up. Is this rifle not available yet? Or? Haven’t seen it in stores yet.

USMCvet12

FNG
First impression, awesome! Very light, great trigger, great fit and finish. Getting it Cerakoted next week and getting some glass on it soon. Will update once I shoot it.

Attachments

• F9C63497-1641-485D-8110-51DF72F8DC13.jpeg
    F9C63497-1641-485D-8110-51DF72F8DC13.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 266
First impression, awesome! Very light, great trigger, great fit and finish. Getting it Cerakoted next week and getting some glass on it soon. Will update once I shoot it.

What chambering?

What the actual weight?

Can you post a picture of the mag and bottom
Metal?

Wish these and the minis were available in stainless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk