HOYT REDWRX CARBON RX-3 Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders!

This year I decided it was time to upgrade my trusty old bow to something a little faster. After a little research, I decided on the new Hoyt REDWRX Carbon RX-3.

Here's a quick video about it from the Hoyt website.

Specs of my bow from the Hoyt website
  • FPS 342
  • Axle-to-axle 30.5 inch
  • Brace Height 6 inch
  • Mass Weight 3.9 lbs
  • Draw Length 27-30 inch
  • Draw Weight 60-70 lbs

Last edited:
Look forward to your review, as I’m waiting for my lefty rx3 to show up some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm excited to read your review and thoughts on the RX-3. I just got an RX- 3 Ultra setup and shooting yesterday and am loving it. I've not owned a carbon Hoyt until this bow and am initially impressed.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm far from an archery expert but my good friend Glen Souza was nice enough to help me get it set up.

Setting the knock point.

IMG_7532-2.jpg

Tieing in the D loop.

IMG_7533-2.jpg

Getting ready to tie in the peep.

IMG_7537-2.jpg

WJS23

WKR
If you get the bow for free you probably wouldn’t have much bad today about it right?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Between my real job (sucks to have one of those), Rokslide publishing, running an espresso stand and helping five days per week with my son's Lacrosse team, I was able to hit the 100 shot mark with the Hoyt RX-3 yesterday. I can only shoot up to 30 yards at my house but that's ok for building my strength back up and settling the bow/string in. I currently have the poundage set at 64 lbs and will slowly crank it up to the max over the next couple weeks.

When I get to about 500 shots, Glen will check everything over for me and adjust my peep if needed.

I normally shoot at five different spots so I don't hit the arrows but I shot this group at 20 yards to show how it's shooting.

f05880639c13a307c8a81820146411d4.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I would also like to add something about reviews in general. Most of you are smart enough to consider the source when you're reading or watching a review and understand that there will almost always be some level of bias no matter how hard we all try to be unbiased. There are some people out there who will only talk about the positives of a particular product due to sponsorships or other factors. It's always been that way and always will be. At Rokslide we do our best to only publish articles that are as fair as possible, otherwise, we have no credibility which we have worked hard to earn.

The staff here have a bit of an advantage with unbiased reviews because we are usually able to test and use any brand of product we want which allows us to choose what we actually like. I think you'll see that when you look at all the different brands our staff uses vs a lot of other "industry folks" who only use one brand of clothes for example.

WJS23

WKR
No I should have explained it better. You guys give honest reviews on everything and are open with what you do and don’t like about the products you are reviewing.