HOYT REDWRX CARBON RX-3 Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No I should have explained it better. You guys give honest reviews on everything and are open with what you do and don’t like about the products you are reviewing.

Thank you

Sometimes we buy the gear full price our own money

Sometimes we get an industry discount (like this review)

Sometimes we get it for free to keep

Sometimes we get it as a loaner

But we always try to be fair in what we say, the good and the not so good. And we try not to waste our time reviewing gear we know we won’t like, that’s why we can almost always find something good to say.

Thanks for reading our reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
Justin 'word' on other forums is that some RX3 risers have a defect.No idea if true but apparently true as it isn't going away.IF you see that hoping you can comment.If you don't,ignore this.
Thanks.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin 'word' on other forums is that some RX3 risers have a defect.No idea if true but apparently true as it isn't going away.IF you see that hoping you can comment.If you don't,ignore this.
Thanks.
I'll look into it and see if I have the issue or not. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Logan T

WKR
Thanks.

what is the supposed defect??? I've been away from here for a while swamped with work, but am planning on picking up an RX3 of some sort when I get to town in the spring.....

jmez

WKR
Sight mount isn't square to riser. Doesn't show unless you put a dovetail mount sight on the bow.

Some pics on Archery Talk where the sight housing is left of the arrow when extended all the way out.

Supposedly was on one of the early runs and no longer an issue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Thanks.
I’ve set up a lot of RX3s including Ultras with zero issues. That’s including my own. Not to say there might not be a few out there with issues but if you follow AT you’d think it’s a freaking epidemic. They always blow stuff way out of proportion.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just looked closely at mine and it appears to have the same issue people are talking about. I emailed Hoyt just now and will report back when they respond.

I had to send mine back, the sight kicks way out to the right, the sight mount has a bump of carbon in front of the mounting holes kicking it out. well see what hoyt does my dealer sent it out on the 19th and they say they haven't received it as of Friday.

I just looked closely at mine and it appears to have the same issue people are talking about. I emailed Hoyt just now and will report back when they respond.

Justin I called several times and go nowhere with them, first they accused me of installing my sight with to long of screws, then they said it was the sight, I told them I tried 3 of mine and the dealer put on 5 all with the same results to which they said we are not responsible for the sight manufacturers tolerances. im hoping with more and more people having issues they will acknowledge there is a manufacturer defect and make it right. hopefully they process mine this week and can get an answer, I will keep you guys updated

Slim Jim

WKR
That’s a bummer to hear you got one of the defects Justin. I’ve had zero issues with mine. Not to rub it in . Looking forward to what you think about the bow once everything is settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I like everything about mine except that it’s back at Hoyt warranty with a defective riser. Here’s a thread on AT with what’s going on, seems to be several out there like this

https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forum.php#/topics/5614903?page=1

Same issue with my Ultra, going back to dealer tomorrow - They have a major problem. Site doesn't come close to mounting flush. I would recommend on holding off on buying until Hoyt acknowledges the problem and sets plan for resolution.

I have one on order and I am hoping they are now checking them before they send them out the door. I also have a helix ultra on order I am really excited about them both but I think i am more excited about the helix.

Talked to Hoyt today the engineers have my bow now, the customer service dude said they have found a solution without replacing the riser or grinding down the carbon and when I asked what they are doing he wouldn’t say anymore than that, he just said don’t worry your bow will be fixed and sent out soon...

SoDaky

WKR
Did they say if new orders need a 'fix'?Was it a limited run problem only?
Anything other than a 'fix'?

Did they say if new orders need a 'fix'?Was it a limited run problem only?
Anything other than a 'fix'?

They were very limited on the information they gave me and I was prying pretty hard, they didn’t give up anything aside from acknowledging the issue and saying it will be fixed

SoDaky

WKR
Thanks.
Why they don't get out in front of this boggles me.Well,historically maybe not.

SoDaky

WKR
In the FWIW department,I was told Hoyt received a run of sight plates from another 'vendor' that were not square.When used with a long sight bar it ran 'crooked' and you ran out of 'windage' adjustment.The 'fix' is easy and takes about 5 minutes.The plate on the inside of the sight window is pulled revealing a torx bolt you pull and replace the current plate with a new one.Riser is fine,just bad sight mounting plate.All new bows leaving will have the new plate.Social media distorted the problem.Dealers will get letter on this shortly.

Well,guess we will soon see.