HOYT REDWRX CARBON RX-3 Review

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
That's good news if that's all it is SoDaky. I still haven't heard back from my contact at Hoyt.

Even though my sight is slightly crooked I was lucky that I had enough windage adjustment so it really doesn't hurt anything other than the way it looks when you look closely. Still not great considering the cost of these bows but the real test is how a company takes care of a problem when one arises. Hopefully, it's nothing more than a bad run of parts and they send out the replacement parts quickly.

I'll post an update as soon as I hear something from them.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Scratching my head over why this is now all of a sudden such a big issue when no one brought it up before. Both my Carbon Spyder Turbo and Carbon Defiant Turbo have this "riser defect". My shop have brought this - known - issue up with Hoyt in the past. Three spacers in my Hogg Father look a little odd but get the job done. It does suck if your sight doesn't have this much lateral adjustment.

SoDaky

WKR
Not sure what you're saying fiskeri1 but hopefully it's not that it isn't a big deal when paying $1600 for a bow to expect you would have a level sight free of shims and spacers.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what you're saying fiskeri1 but hopefully it's not that it isn't a big deal when paying $1600 for a bow to expect you would have a level sight free of shims and spacers.
I’m not at all minimizing the issue, just pointing out that it is far from a new one that is long overdue for a fix. I practically bleed Hoyt at this point but am very willing to point out flaws like this or the horrible finish quality that I am STILL seeing from them - see the attached pic of a brand new Subalpine RX3 Turbo that is hopefully legible . All the same I’ll gladly take both of these problems over the misery I’ve had with my Triax.

Attachments

• 0023B4C7-6849-4D68-A6E2-D4617E3334E7.jpeg
    0023B4C7-6849-4D68-A6E2-D4617E3334E7.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 156

SoDaky

WKR
Well if you're right,and they've known of this for years,that's a different thing entirely.Sad fricking Company if true.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just got an email from my contact at Hoyt.

He said the issue is with the sight mounting insert and they are having new ones made to replace the bad ones. The issue is occurring only on some of the bows. They are making new inserts for the bows affected and will be sending them out as soon as they're complete.

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
In the FWIW department,I was told Hoyt received a run of sight plates from another 'vendor' that were not square.When used with a long sight bar it ran 'crooked' and you ran out of 'windage' adjustment.The 'fix' is easy and takes about 5 minutes.The plate on the inside of the sight window is pulled revealing a torx bolt you pull and replace the current plate with a new one.Riser is fine,just bad sight mounting plate.All new bows leaving will have the new plate.Social media distorted the problem.Dealers will get letter on this shortly.

Well,guess we will soon see.

So how do they fix bows with issue? There is no sight plate on the exterior... i don't thing social media distorted anything. I've seen and used the bow...

SoDaky

WKR
Justin I just saw pics of the 'fix' in the Hoyt Forum on AT.Might be sort of what I had been told but not a real appealing solution IMO.Hoping you'll get yours set up and report soon.My lefty is due for delivery in May so still have time to cancel-something I'm close to doing at this point.

SoDaky

WKR
Justin just was back on AT.Someone posted the Hoyt notice and other info.It appears to be exactly as I was told,right down to the Torx nut,but I frankly don't see how that changes the problem.Admittedly I'm a Mech idiot so hope you and/or others can analyze the 'fix' soon.
Thanks!

Their "fix" wont solve the issue unless that plate has a taper to it. By the looks of what everyone has posted, it did not fix their sight being canted, it just spaces the sight out further. The sight being further out will give you less windage adjustment. Hoyt is also saying it only happens with certain sights... not a riser problem.

This will be the last Hoyt I own, I read the service bulletin they are blaming all the sight manufacturers saying some modern sights don’t have enough windage, such BS I cant believe Hoyt won’t own up to their f up

Last edited by a moderator:

Grizzly56

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is one of those impacted and still at Hoyt. Blaming it on the sight manufacturers is absurd. The mount is clearly out of square. They have made a mess out of this situation and dug a deeper hole with that ridiculous blame the sights letter.

Brendan

WKR
No need for an F bomb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's perfectly warranted. If I pay $1600 or more for a bow - I expect perfection and the manufacturer to bend over backwards fixing the issue. So far Hoyt's response that I've seen has been pitiful...

I don't own an RX3 and won't. And won't consider another Hoyt until I've seen them on the market, without any of the issues (minor and major) that have plagued them the last several years. And that's coming from someone who's owned 5 carbon Hoyts...

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
This doesn’t reflect well on Hoyt but I’ll still take it over the Triax. Note that this is NOT an RX3......

Attachments

• 7687FF4C-86EE-4A90-8561-0FF56D80DA9E.jpeg
    7687FF4C-86EE-4A90-8561-0FF56D80DA9E.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 141
  • DFAE36CC-D9C6-41EF-82DA-D06C1ACE422D.jpeg
    DFAE36CC-D9C6-41EF-82DA-D06C1ACE422D.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 138
This doesn’t reflect well on Hoyt but I’ll still take it over the Triax. Note that this is NOT an RX3......

What’s wrong with the triax in the picture? Mine came in this week I haven’t made to to the dealer yet I’m going to try to get there Sunday or Monday

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
What’s wrong with the triax in the picture? Mine came in this week I haven’t made to to the dealer yet I’m going to try to get there Sunday or Monday
I’m using this left picture for reference only for the sight “square-ness”. The Triax won’t hold a tune and I no longer trust it as a hunting bow. I wish you better luck with yours.

Last edited: