Hunting scope choice

Check out TRACT optics, no middleman = more money towards scope, run one on a .308 AR great scope.

kbone

FNG
I'm in the same market as you. I was entertaining the Athlon scopes. Seems like good glass. I have purchased Bushnell's ED glass in one of their scopes and the clarity is great. I would just find the best glass you can get (ED or UHD) in your budget.

Sled

WKR
Funny, I was just reading a blog about them. What do you compare them to?

Until recently there wasn't much on the market near those specs so it's been hard to make a comparison. Light weight with elevation turret is hard to come by. I like capped windage, light weight, dial elevation with good glass. The toric gives me the modular ability to run capped, tall or low turret all in one scope. Vortex recently came out with the LHT which is worth a look too. Another comp might be Leupold but I require my scopes to reliably dial, return to zero and hold zero.

OP
Bayouboy76
Until recently there wasn't much on the market near those specs so it's been hard to make a comparison. Light weight with elevation turret is hard to come by. I like capped windage, light weight, dial elevation with good glass. The toric gives me the modular ability to run capped, tall or low turret all in one scope. Vortex recently came out with the LHT which is worth a look too. Another comp might be Leupold but I require my scopes to reliably dial, return to zero and hold zero.
While the Vortex looks appealing, I don’t care for the reticle options, especially not for $1200. I picked up a Leupold Vx3hd the other day, and to be honest, for the huge jump in price over the previous VX3s, I was not impressed, not even a little. I’ve heard good things about the VX5 hd. But I can’t understand one thing…the 10x is $900 and the 15x is only about $150 more. Usually there is a more significant price increase between lower and higher power.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
We've literally sold hundreds of the Steiner GS3 2-10x42 - 4A #5009 and at $599.99 there's nothing that competes with it. German optics assembled in Colorado. Great scope

ordered this scope just now, thanks for the advice.

Interesting how it used a posi lock type feature…and is assembled in CO…where Burris made optics with that feature before moving to China.

Wonder if there’s a connection.