I hear baldwin walked....

Swamp Fox

WKR
I think all the criminal charges are gone. He has paid and still faces civil suits. So while it it is debatable whether criminal charges should have been brought in the first place, it is not true that there have been "no consequences."

EdP

WKR
What Rob5589 said. Bad news for the armorer.

When corporations hire unqualified people and those unqualified people make bad mistakes, the people get fired, but the corporation and the executives that hired them take the hit. Not in this case.

When the smoke clears, it wouldn't surprise me if those live rounds were snuck onto the set by someone who hates him. Doesn't help that the armorer was brain dead.

Fatcamp

WKR
When the smoke clears, it wouldn't surprise me if those live rounds were snuck onto the set by someone who hates him. Doesn't help that the armorer was brain dead.

Rumor was they were shooting live rounds on set, but who knows. We probably never will.

TSAMP

WKR
In the article I read this morning they said charges were dropped and referenced video evidence of someone calling out "cold gun" on the set just prior to the incident. My guess is, that combined with other evidence, it was a movie set guys..shifted responsibility away from Baldwin.

I will say his conduct and comments throughout this process I find gross, but at the end of the day he's an actor and they hired someone to handle the firearm safety.

EdP

WKR
I don't see that it being a movie set shifted responsibility away from Baldwin given that he was the producer in addition to being an actor in the movie. As an actor maybe, but the producer has a wider set of responsibilities.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I heard on the local LA news. charges dropped because, in my translation, his lawyers found a gun expert who said he thought the weapon had been modified so it was possible for it to fire without pulling the trigger. All a bunch of lawyer BS. Where would you or I be if we were in similar situation, jail that's where. And by the way, filming for the movie Rust has resumed. Who's going to be the first in line to see it??????

There is a sig pistol that has known issues of firing without trigger being pulled. Is it possible on a single action prop gun? Seems unlikely

Rumor was they were shooting live rounds on set, but who knows. We probably never will.
The 'live shooting on set' rumor's ended when the actual investigation began.

It seems someone intentionally created a Russian-roulette scenario, by somehow introducing 6 live rounds.
Those rounds were found throughout the set, including on the possession of the guy Baldwin was to have a shootout with.

In trying to figure out who introduced those live rounds, the people who were to have a gun pointed at them, go to the bottom of the list.

The people who get paid to ensure those guns were safe, go to the top.