Idaho Draw Results 2021

Classyusa

FNG
They had some system failures with the NR returned tag sale yesterday.

I know people who were called afterward by IDFG saying they are researching the malfunctions and timestamps and will let them know by Monday if they will get the tags.

Sounds like whatever new systems they are using is a big cluster eff.

So who knows what is going on with the draw.

I revert back to my original statement. I hope they take the NR tag increase funds and use it toward a better system.

You can continue to counter that statement by being the moderate devil's advocate but it is hard to deny the justification of my sentiment.

They had some system failures with the NR returned tag sale yesterday.

I know people who were called afterward by IDFG saying they are researching the malfunctions and timestamps and will let them know by Monday if they will get the tags.

Sounds like whatever new systems they are using is a big cluster eff.

So who knows what is going on with the draw.

I revert back to my original statement. I hope they take the NR tag increase funds and use it toward a better system.

You can continue to counter that statement by being the moderate devil's advocate but it is hard to deny the justification of my sentiment.
I'm not a purchasing agent, but I would suspect that as a state agency, IFG is bound by contract requirements. Basically, having to go with the lowest responsive bidder. I certainly agree with you, there should be some accountability.

TheTone

WKR
Let’s also not forget that a few years back the legislature forced them to use outside vendors to conduct the draw because members of the legislature and constituents came up with a crazy idea that the draw wasn’t actually random. Cost IDFG a lot of money at the time.

Let’s also not forget that a few years back the legislature forced them to use outside vendors to conduct the draw because members of the legislature and constituents came up with a crazy idea that the draw wasn’t actually random. Cost IDFG a lot of money at the time.
True story.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Another one of those resident “the sky is falling” conspiracy theories.

I remember my dad & my uncles up in a rage and just sure the fish and game was drawing their own employees before the public because they knew of one game warden he drew a late buck hunt ha ha Ha ha ha. Been listening to this crap for all too long.

Back then we had to mail in cards, and I remember they thought the trick was spraying them with hairspray. Bwahahahaha.

They bitched and moaned for years how rigged it was. And then my dad and my uncle Mark both drew a late Buck hunt same year. And then 3 years later my dad drew another one. Once in a while he gets ranting again and I have to remind him that he’s had two once-in-a-lifetime hunts and there’s tons of guys that have none. He’s from the generation that just hates Fish & Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntnnw

WKR
Pretty pathetic they cannot get their crap together for a draw with 0 points to factor in and 0 OIL tags. 23 days tomorrow since deadline with something that should literally happen June 6th with technology and computer programs we have today. They have 364 days every year to figure this stuff out and every year you would think it was the first time they have ever done a drawing or seen a computer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Once it hits July 11th I'll start to worry. Until then, it's just instant gratification whining wanting them sooner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Once it hits July 11th I'll start to worry. Until then, it's just instant gratification whining wanting them sooner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You must not put in for early season hunts then? I typically start my hunt specific scouting no later than July 4th but it really never stops. That being said it makes it very difficult to allocate time and prioritize effectively not knowing if you will be drawn until such a late date when some hunts start August 15th. For a family guy like me I might be lucky to sneak in 2 solid weekend scouting trips during this time period. Sure I could and probably should go scout the unit anyways and call it Intel gathering for future years if I don't draw but that's hard to do when I know that means I might not have time to get to another area I might actually be hunting.
I agree our instant gratification culture is a bit out of hand these days but there's absolutely no reason it's necessary for this process to take so long and if for some reason there is there are better ways to handle it. I work for the state of idaho in another department so have some understanding of how our processes work and reasoning behind it, the state is required to do allot of things that aren't necessarily best for the "customer" it's not the employees fault they are good people trying to do what they can unfortunately like allot of Gov organizations IMO its a broken system.

I don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch because the results aren't posted early. It would be nice if they were early and I absolutely agree that the administrative side of Idaho Farm & Game is a total cluster bone but it's been July 10th for as I've been applying. Everyone knows the date before they apply, every year, either quit whining or quit applying.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch because the results aren't posted early. It would be nice if they were early and I absolutely agree that the administrative side of Idaho Farm & Game is a total cluster bone but it's been July 10th for as I've been applying. Everyone knows the date before they apply, every year, either quit whining or quit applying.

Only once in many years can I remember them running up to the July 10 deadline. And I think it was in 2018 and they reported around July 8. They’ve already proven that they can do it earlier with 3rd week of June results up often lately.

And lots of us like to plan as have very busy summers. A week or
Two difference can free up a weekend that is lost with later post dates.

Only once in many years can I remember them running up to the July 10 deadline. And I think it was in 2018 and they reported around July 8. They’ve already proven that they can do it earlier with 3rd week of June results up often lately.

And lots of us like to plan as have very busy summers. A week or
Two difference can free up a weekend that is lost with later post dates.

I agree 100% , I just don't understand people getting fired up when the results aren't early. If they say July 10th, we've got nothing to bitch about until July 11th. I'd like to see them posted in March, give everyone plenty of time to plan scouting trips and line up vacation time.