Idaho Elk Habitat Volunteer

sneaky

"DADDY"
It will be tough to get non residents because many of them can't afford the time off for this and still be able to hunt come season. I'd be interested in helping from CA but people from ID don't like us CA people.. the badmouthing on non-residents via these forums kinda puts a damper on things like this. I'm curious, what if the biologist directed a strictly volunteer group with funding from, say RMEF or Mule Deer Foundation and cut the bureaucracy out of it? What if people just went into the woods with an invasive species list and took care of it?
Then they would probably say we were in the woods destroying live vegetation and fine us. Nothing is that simple with the govt involved or a wilderness area in the mix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Calbuck

WKR
Then they would probably say we were in the woods destroying live vegetation and fine us. Nothing is that simple with the govt involved or a wilderness area in the mix.

True that’s why I’m saying if a biologist was directing the activity. Surely the F&G could get something like that approved without years of studies..it would take a clear and simple objective. Trust me here in CA you can’t do anything without czar approval. Surely Idaho is able to do these types of projects without the oversight we have here

sneaky

"DADDY"
True that’s why I’m saying if a biologist was directing the activity. Surely the F&G could get something like that approved without years of studies..it would take a clear and simple objective. Trust me here in CA you can’t do anything without czar approval. Surely Idaho is able to do these types of projects without the oversight we have here
This is where we get to say "not anymore, Boise filled up with Californians and they make all the rules" lol

Calbuck

WKR
Hahaha good luck with that..seems Idahoans are plenty happy accepting higher than normal
prices for their property from CA people..you guys will be New Cali before they ever get Greater Idaho off the starting blocks
Hell, I’ll bet Nancy Pelosi’s grandkids will come up there to run it!

Last edited:
OP
I
Hahaha good luck with that..seems Idahoans are plenty happy accepting higher than normal
prices for their property from CA people..you guys will be New Cali before they ever get Greater Idaho off the starting blocks

Please don’t and this thread is veering off topic. Fish and game can’t act without coordination with other agencies. You can join or not. Thanks.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nah, they'll Ruby Ridge their ass before they let that happen

Calbuck

WKR
Id..no harm meant..the idea is a good one. I responded with a legitimate reason why non-residents may not jump at this opportunity..the posts I was met with required responses that show the hypocrisy of the residents of Idaho in this situation..I am completely on board with helping my favorite hunting state to conserve and rebuild its habitat. But, we all should realize the situation and not beat on each other regardless of where we hail from and embrace what is important to us...carrying on the ability for our kids and grandkids to be able to hunt and fish and recreate..it is my opinion that this “resident vs non resident” bs needs to just go away. There will always be that mix, and we all have a (mostly) common goal: conserve and improve access and habitat. So for freak sakes Idaho, get over the non resident hate. We are hunters (more so in many cases) too. No offense intended upon anybody anywhere

Count me in. Just let me know dates. Next summer is always a crap shoot. If im not deployed ill be able to take off work.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
You can add me to the interested list as well. Everything in life feels tbd right now but this would be a good cause I’d support With my time if I’m able.
I know some invasives have to be pulled within a specific point of their growth cycle to be effective, so in addition to the bureaucratic side of things, getting the plant biologists in to educated on the what, how, when, in addition to the where will be key.

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
I would be interested in this. Are there any updates on it?

Last edited: