Idaho Lighted Nock and Expandable Broadheads.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Both should be legal, I don’t mind to much who says they can be.
I certainly do, at least here in Idaho. Damn legislature should focus on more important issues than whether some legislators buddy wants to use lighted nocks and expandables. They need to stay in their lane, and let fish and game handle this. It's no different than ballot box biology if they start pushing wildlife bills through the chamber. How would you like it in AK if the legislature decided to dictate methods and seasons and bypass ADFG. Would you be ok with that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Customweld
Agreed ona waste of legislative time. State has a massive budget surplus they don’t know what to do with, the education is poorly funded, roads are absolutely crap, people already here are being crushed by property tax and home values and this is what they spend time on…
With the new redistricting this year, the author may not have a seat in the next session. Got to get everything they can in emergency mode.

TheTone

WKR
With the new redistricting this year, the author may not have a seat in the next session. Got to get everything they can in emergency mode.
I bet he’s safe. The way Latah county/Moscow area was redrawn I’d say it was a direct action to limit Moscow “liberal “ ideas.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
Not Idaho, but Fish and Game Dept can be just as wrong as anyone else.

Arkansas F and G literally took the duck hunting capital of the world, bringing in huge revenue and an amazing experience…and destroyed it completely. They had money, habitat, and organisations to do it…they just didn’t care.

For years, they artificially flooded greentree reserviors too early, too long, and too deep….killing the oaks that made the acorns that brought the ducks. They failed to do basic habitat management like removing beavers that flooded timber…failed to plan, fund, or build water control structures…and ran it like a good Ole boys club where the head was owner of a major for profit hunting club.

Their edicts had little to do with making anything better, but were replete with nostalgia and speeches about how they were expert scientists that sought to preserve traditional hunting.

Most recently, they did a video basically saying the trees are dead, hunters are screwed, tough luck….but hey, they will ban non residents for half the season to appease the morons who don’t see what has happened.

Game and Fish can be just as wrong as any other gov agency.

And this is how you lose spring bear hunts, cougar hunting with dogs, and eventually other hunting. Wildlife mgt via the ballot box is trash. Ask our members from the blue hell holes of CA, OR, and WA.

They literally put the nail in the coffin of the Blue Mountain elk herd in Washington. Never thought I would see the day. At least I have the memories and saw it in the glory days.

ODB

WKR
They literally put the nail in the coffin of the Blue Mountain elk herd in Washington. Never thought I would see the day. At least I have the memories and saw it in the glory days.

Not to distract, but what did they do?

TheTone

WKR
A massive chunk of the bulls, especially big ones are getting killed by tribal hunters from September until when they shed

Reactions: ODB

Mtnboy

WKR
They will learn when they pass something they don't agree with.

Like....landowners getting tags to sell, more auction tags, preference points, increased allotment of out of state tags, massive elk depredation hunts....???

They would never do such things, according to the blind followers they are doing the right thing for sportsman because the commission won't... :ROFLMAO:

TheTone

WKR
more important issues like again increasing damage payments and finding a way to get outfitter tags for unlicensed private land outfitters, of which the legislature created a couple years ago.

Attachments

• 632CF77F-D35F-4AE5-A4C2-F98AB77CF9F3.png
    632CF77F-D35F-4AE5-A4C2-F98AB77CF9F3.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
Customweld
more important issues like again increasing damage payments and finding a way to get outfitter tags for unlicensed private land outfitters, of which the legislature created a couple years ago. No conflict of interest for Gibbs of course who I believe is partners with huntin fool that owns a huge ranch in south east idaho
They have our best interest in mind. (insert sarcasm)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not Idaho, but Fish and Game Dept can be just as wrong as anyone else.

Arkansas F and G literally took the duck hunting capital of the world, bringing in huge revenue and an amazing experience…and destroyed it completely. They had money, habitat, and organisations to do it…they just didn’t care.

For years, they artificially flooded greentree reserviors too early, too long, and too deep….killing the oaks that made the acorns that brought the ducks. They failed to do basic habitat management like removing beavers that flooded timber…failed to plan, fund, or build water control structures…and ran it like a good Ole boys club where the head was owner of a major for profit hunting club.

Their edicts had little to do with making anything better, but were replete with nostalgia and speeches about how they were expert scientists that sought to preserve traditional hunting.

Most recently, they did a video basically saying the trees are dead, hunters are screwed, tough luck….but hey, they will ban non residents for half the season to appease the morons who don’t see what has happened.

Game and Fish can be just as wrong as any other gov agency.
Ummmm.... it isn't getting cold enough to push ducks down to Arkansas before the season is over... but let's blame Fish and Game. Season is over before ducks get pushed down that far these days. That's not the only cause, but your fish and game isn't the only thing to be concerned with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OK so lets assume the process is done in the "correct manner"....what is the beef the IDFG have with lighted nocks and expandable broadheads?

I am at a loss why lighted broadheads would be a bad thing, I really want to know why they have been outlawed prior.