Ideal muzzleloader scope

this is a great thread. Rope, I'll check that out and Sabotloader, I like the concept. In the mean time, I just finished shooting the new Vortex Razor with the G4 reticle and BDC system.

The LRBC got it fairy close, but I did have to tweek it.

Here the video from the Rok Blog in case you missed it.
[video=youtube_share;n1eRRYum3GE]http://youtu.be/n1eRRYum3GE[/video]

Great video Robby! the opening frame and sound AWESOME - sure gets your attention

O nice shooten!!!

Thanks ol' buddy. I've learned some of that stuff from you!

Ifn you were not a hunter and really wanted to shoot long range and your rifle will do it even with the slow twist - I would suggest you check out CDS dials that can be used on some scopes - Leupold in specific.

Also if you ever really wanted to get carried away you could swap that 1-30 barrel and have a 1-20 installed...

A Forum member on another site just posted this beauty up..

Finished a very neat build last night .
Knight ultralight donor and rebarreled it with a brux 1-20 twist modified sendero contour used asg breech plug with tungsten carbide bushing and modified bare primer bolt to utilize .093 firing pin. Was able to gain 1 1/2" usable barrel and complete gun with scope is 8lb 4oz and 43" overall length. What a awesome mountain rifle . I believe owner will be very pleased.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Redfield that Mike recommends and I like it. It is excellent glass for the money.

However... When I switch to an Ultralite in the near future I think I'm going to try this guy:

Vortex Optics - Viper HS 2.5-10x44 Dead-Hold BDC
that would be a good choice too. In part III of the blog series, I recommended a similar vortex, as I'd tried it in my 270WSM and liked it a lot. Half the price of the HD LH too. Although the HD is a clearer scope but should be for 2x the price.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ifn you were not a hunter and really wanted to shoot long range and your rifle will do it even with the slow twist - I would suggest you check out CDS dials that can be used on some scopes - Leupold in specific.

Also if you ever really wanted to get carried away you could swap that 1-30 barrel and have a 1-20 installed...

A Forum member on another site just posted this beauty up..

Finished a very neat build last night .
Knight ultralight donor and rebarreled it with a brux 1-20 twist modified sendero contour used asg breech plug with tungsten carbide bushing and modified bare primer bolt to utilize .093 firing pin. Was able to gain 1 1/2" usable barrel and complete gun with scope is 8lb 4oz and 43" overall length. What a awesome mountain rifle . I believe owner will be very pleased.

Mike. What a sweet gun. Would love to see how it shoots!!!

Rope14u

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome groups! There are many rifles out there that won't shoot that well. I took my scope off and leave for Colorado tomorrow morning. Good luck on your hunt!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks and Good luck in Colorado. That muzz season can be a great hunt. Keep us in the loop.

Looking for a muzzleloader scope as well. Any new thoughts in three years? I expect to have several under 100 yard shot so I think id want one that started at 1.5x or 2x for those closer shots

Last edited:

would you by a scope from a company getting out of the business?

Last edited:

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a muzzleloader scope as well. Any new thoughts in three years? I expect to have several under 100 yard shot so I think id want one that started at 1.5x or 2x for those closer shots
I'm in the same boat, have a 6x36 leupold on one muzzleloader. Got another that needs a scope and I'm either going to go with the same or a 2-7 power variable. Likely a leupold vx2 if I can find one used.

Last edited:

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold's may not be the best for dialing and tracking, but for setting a zero and holding it I have never had a problem.

I took a nasty fall this year with my muzzleloader, both me and the gun went tumbling down a small patch of lava rock. After I got stopped the gun continued on down another 10-15 feet. Luckily nothing was broken (on me or the gun or scope). I figured there was no way the scope would still be on, so I stopped at the range on my way off the mountain. To my surprise it was still on. Those old fixed power scopes are tough as nails.

Lonald

FNG
I’ve had great luck with Quigley Ford it’s etched glass out too 400yds it’s on a Johnston

Attachments

• 17046D71-0C2E-44EE-98F4-A853C9E68EDB.jpeg
    17046D71-0C2E-44EE-98F4-A853C9E68EDB.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 10