If you could move anywhere?

Honestly could never see myself moving. BUT if I WAS, and it seems like the common answer: Montana. I just loved it when I visited Glacier NP. Tourist tinted glasses.

Uphills

FNG
Wyoming, Utah, or Arizona. Pick the elevation and the temperature you’d like to live in and drive to the ones you dont.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly could never see myself moving. BUT if I WAS, and it seems like the common answer: Montana. I just loved it when I visited Glacier NP. Tourist tinted glasses.
Hi Crowfeather, I'm always curious to hear others stories - wondering where you live that you wouldn't leave? Reasons?

Thanks.

Hi Crowfeather, I'm always curious to hear others stories - wondering where you live that you wouldn't leave? Reasons?

Thanks.
Born and raised here; too much old family history I suppose lol! Mom moved to Texas and still couldn't bring myself to leave the ol' state. I've worked seasonally in many different places but the woods here really feel like home.

Last edited:

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Born and raised Washingtonian; too much old family history here I suppose lol! Mom moved to Texas and still couldn't bring myself to leave the ol' rain state. I've worked seasonally in many different states but the woods here really feel like home. Just have to slog through the awful politics.

I keep thinking about migrating to the drier side though...
I hear you and understand - thought maybe you were in some awful place like Texas :)

For hunting opportunity, you can't beat Montana. But like most places worth moving to, the cost of living is getting nuts.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread, but in response to OP's question, I think one of the best places "for a conservative family with 2 boys looking to move west" would be Rapid City South Dakota or the surrounding area - places like Sturgis and Spearfish. My family loved living there and only moved to get closer to family.

It's not quite "west" by some standards, but it's west enough. Just a few hours from the big mountains in Wyoming, and the Black Hills offer a lot of amazing opportunities for recreation and hunting.

I also like Casper, Wyoming.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a retired guy who escaped CA after being there my whole life. We kind of DID move where we wanted to Lakeside AZ, near Show Low. Now if I could have a summer/winter house set up.....Summer-Cody, WY........winter-Zihjuatanejo MX.