IF you were to move....

Jmort1754

WKR
If you were to move from one state to another, the s/o will not move west already tried but I need to get out of PA. East of the Mississippi where are you going?

Both in healthcare so jobs are not a problem.

wesfromky

WKR
Kentucky, but I am already here. Big chunk of the state is unlimited doe tags, some great bucks, archery season lasts from early sept to mid jan. Small game and turkey are plentiful. Fishing is good. Land prices are not as crazy as other places. Lots of public land. Big city life (Louisville. NKY), mid sized city life(lexington) and lots of small towns.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Kentucky, but I am already here. Big chunk of the state is unlimited doe tags, some great bucks, archery season lasts from early sept to mid jan. Small game and turkey are plentiful. Fishing is good. Land prices are not as crazy as other places. Lots of public land. Big city life (Louisville. NKY), mid sized city life(lexington) and lots of small towns.
I like Kentucky and have always liked it. What area would you suggest to look at ? We are from a town of 5,000 and I grew up in a town of 600 so we want smaller.

wesfromky

WKR
I like Kentucky and have always liked it. What area would you suggest to look at ? We are from a town of 5,000 and I grew up in a town of 600 so we want smaller.
Check out the ky fish and wildlife site (https://fw.ky.gov/Hunt/Pages/default.aspx) for zones and public land. But, generally, east isn't as good for deer, though you have bear and turkey and a ton of public. North and west have bigger deer herds, but somewhat less public. If you like fishing, several options as well, including bow fishing.

What other activities are you looking for?

And, a ton of healthcare jobs around.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Check out the ky fish and wildlife site (https://fw.ky.gov/Hunt/Pages/default.aspx) for zones and public land. But, generally, east isn't as good for deer, though you have bear and turkey and a ton of public. North and west have bigger deer herds, but somewhat less public. If you like fishing, several options as well, including bow fishing.

What other activities are you looking for?

And, a ton of healthcare jobs around.
We love to do anything outdoors, we do have a 1 month old at this time and by the time we move he will be 1 or so.

wesfromky

WKR
We love to do anything outdoors, we do have a 1 month old at this time and by the time we move he will be 1 or so.
Lots of MTB, hiking, boating, paddling, camping, etc options. You might start looking kinda middle of the state, would make it easy to get where ever. The public around central ky gets pretty pressured, and most of the deer gun hunting on the wma is quota based.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Wherever you get into CRNA school. Maybe do travel gigs for a bit? Asheville area, Raleigh, Richmond, Charleston, Greenville (SC), Chattanooga are all options.
I travel now and will have to travel for CRNA school so I figured we might as well get situated some place she can agree with.

If you were to move from one state to another, the s/o will not move west already tried but I need to get out of PA. East of the Mississippi where are you going?

Both in healthcare so jobs are not a problem.
Tennessee, anywhere a couple hours from Nashville, and your dollar typically goes a long ways. Very reliable conservative values as a whole as well, although middle TN is getting a lot of transplants from Blue states wanting to make waves.