IF you were to move....

SonnyDay

WKR
Only state out east I could maybe do would
be Maine… but that’s just me

I moved out west 12 years ago but the way things are going out here I have considered the possibility of moving east at some point. I would want to be in the southern Appalachians or maybe the Ozarks for more mild winters. Upstate NY, VT, NH or ME would be nice if you dont mind the winters.

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
For me it would be North Florida. I love warm clear saltwater almost as much as cool mountain mornings. If I ever get two home rich that would be where our second house would be. I hate the heat and humidity on land in Florida but it would be the price you pay for the water. The price we pay for having beautiful mountain views in Idaho is snow 4 months a year and fire season.

BDDFC

FNG
As a native North Arkansan you can do better! North central Tennessee near the Kentucky line is a great area with lots of hunting opportunity

RO1459

FNG
If you're looking for a small town close to a large one, you may consider our little Soddy Daisy, TN. Strong southern conservative values, two hours from Nashville, Knoxville and Atlanta and 25 miles from Chattanooga. No state taxes, low property taxes, friendly people and 80 percent republican with low a low minority population. Very low crime as well. Excellent hunting and fishing opportunities.

Best wishes in whatever you decide.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Go west young man, go west!

I can’t really give you too much crap because my ball&chain refuses to go back to Alaska. If those are your only options I would go Nashville or Raleigh and call it good.
If she would I would be in Alaska was offered a job there a few weeks ago.

Definitely not Oklahoma. You'd hate the weather here. No deer, not close to the mountains, cost of living is going up.

I would move to Wyoming. I know that's not east of the river, but that's where I would move.

I live in New South Wales, Australia. If I were forced to move to another state in Australia, it'd be Victoria, but I don't want to leave New South Wales.

Within about a 100km (60 mile) radius of me, I have access to fallow deer, red deer, goats, pigs, and assorted small game. There are no bag limits or seasons. I also have access to lots of native fish like murray cod and golden perch, as well as introduced species like rainbow trout and brown trout. Other fish or deer species aren't far away.

New Zealand would be a good option for me to move to.

If I were forced to move to the USA, I'd likely consider one of the western states, and do Alaska if possible, but it would be very hard to have it as good as I have it here.

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
I found this 160 acres in Big Timer/ Crazy Mountains Montana just need to convince the fiance it's not too cold compared to Southern California. IMG_3579.jpgIMG_3720.jpgFullSizeR.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm fine here in Michigan. Any farther south and you have no winter, just 6 months of mud which sucks. You have the Great Lakes to fish and also thousands of inland lakes. If you would move to the northern lower penninsula there is pretty much endless public land to hunt deer and grouse/woodcock. Excellent hunting tradition but the big cities control the politics.

We are close enough to PA to see family often and fairly reasonable driving distance to some good western/Canadian hunts.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I guess you can’t put a price on that. Both my wife’s and my family are not helpful so that’s never been a factor for us. I guess figure out your proximity requirements and then start looking at jobs, schools, housing, etc. We’ve moved all over the country and it’s all about what you make of it. Good luck in your search and hope you find where you’re all happiest.
I will be in CRNA school some place come spring/fall 24, I travel as a nurse now so finding a job isn't of my worries. My family is helpful but they are already 2 hours away, her family is not helpful unless it benefits them so thats of no concern to me.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I'm fine here in Michigan. Any farther south and you have no winter, just 6 months of mud which sucks. You have the Great Lakes to fish and also thousands of inland lakes. If you would move to the northern lower penninsula there is pretty much endless public land to hunt deer and grouse/woodcock. Excellent hunting tradition but the big cities control the politics.

We are close enough to PA to see family often and fairly reasonable driving distance to some good western/Canadian hunts.
Her sisters live in Howell/fowlerville area