If youre rifle barrel were bent......

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Well, long story short, I had a very unfortunate accident and one of my shotguns literally broke in half and my Roger American go wild 6.5 creed barrel is bent. I initially thought it was the scope mounts and shot the gun already but it actually is the barrel. My best guess is its ~1/4" to the left and a touch down over its 22" total length. Would you hunt with it? I'm thinking of trying it this season and just keeping all shots to 200yards or shorter. No shot of me getting a new rifle before season.

rayporter

WKR
center up the scope and install a set of burris signature rings.
use the inserts to zero the scope as best you can then shoot to see if it will group.

Oof. Personally I'd try to grab at least a cheap ~$300 Savage Axis for the hunt, or maybe you can find the bend and hacksaw the barrel. Not ideal but could work under 200yds. Just make sure it's at least 16 inches or you'll add a felony to your list of woes.

Glad you're on the mend!

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Oof. Personally I'd try to grab at least a cheap ~$300 Savage Axis for the hunt, or maybe you can find the bend and hacksaw the barrel. Not ideal but could work under 200yds. Just make sure it's at least 16 inches or you'll add a felony to your list of woes.

Glad you're on the mend!
I actually already have a savage axis. I'm just good at shooting it lol. However, I can at least make it a 100 yard gun

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Id borrow something for this year and call Ruger and see if they will help you out with a new barrel. They're one of the few companies I'd think may lend a helping hand.
I emailed them. We'll see what they say but my hopes are low