I’m home sick from work

OP
W

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
Watch too many YouTube videos with the promise of monster rooster fish or dorado from shore… never snagged any of them but do have a ton of fun flinging stuff into waves when I make it to Cabo
The journey to success is more exciting than when you finally get there

Axlrod

WKR
I’ve been sick since last Friday and I’m bored so I keep talking trash online cause Id rather do that than vaccuum. Are you guys all sick or do you do this while you’re at work?
I start early so I am done early.I own my own business (job), so I have no one to call in sick to. Have only missed a couple days in 25+ years. It was about 5 years ago, 4am on Christmas eve. I slipped on the ice & hit my head. I had to put tissue in my ear to slow the blood from running out. I did all my work and when I got home my wife made me go to the E.R.- my eyes were purple.
After a quick CAT scan they said I had a couple brain bleeds, slightly cracked cranium, and a concussion. With no neurologist on staff (to saw a pressure relief hole, if needed) they loaded me onto a life flight across the state. Spent a couple days in ICU, nothing got worse so I talked them into letting me go home. I went back to work- nowhere near 100% but good enough.
So yea I don't understand sickies.

I’m in over $250 on surf fishing gear. And I don’t live near the ocean. That’s why I moved from YouTube and Amazon to here.
I've moved from the ocean to the mountains, want to buy my surf gear? I'd rather it take up space in your house instead of mine

I start early so I am done early.I own my own business (job), so I have no one to call in sick to. Have only missed a couple days in 25+ years. It was about 5 years ago, 4am on Christmas eve. I slipped on the ice & hit my head. I had to put tissue in my ear to slow the blood from running out. I did all my work and when I got home my wife made me go to the E.R.- my eyes were purple.
After a quick CAT scan they said I had a couple brain bleeds, slightly cracked cranium, and a concussion. With no neurologist on staff (to saw a pressure relief hole, if needed) they loaded me onto a life flight across the state. Spent a couple days in ICU, nothing got worse so I talked them into letting me go home. I went back to work- nowhere near 100% but good enough.

Pure proof that no matter how hard you smack some people, they just ain't gonna have any sense. Glad you made it out ok.

OP
W

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
Oh my goodness I have never had anything difficult happen to me. Probably because I am part of the country of wimps. I’m inspired now, next time I’m sick I will just not use my sick leave and go cough all over everyone at work.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Oh my goodness I have never had anything difficult happen to me. Probably because I am part of the country of wimps. I’m inspired now, next time I’m sick I will just not use my sick leave and go cough all over everyone at work.
Come on… everyone knows that sick days are for hunting… errr I mean “mental health days” I just go to work and infect all my co workers like they do to me…

CorbLand

WKR
Come on… everyone knows that sick days are for hunting… errr I mean “mental health days” I just go to work and infect all my co workers like they do to me…
I had a boss that was not in support of hunting. I would always say that "I need to take a mental health day and go hunting and it might give the clarity of mind to see what I am doing as wrong." She actually laughed the first couple times I said it.

KsRancher

WKR
I was sick from December 15th through early last week. It really does linger but it was manageable enough I didn't miss any work. Just annoying as hell.
I got sick on Dec. 27th. I finally went to the urgent care last week. Gave me antibiotic, prednisone and an inhaler. I don't think I have ever coughed so much in my life. Pretty well have it whooped, but the cough. If feels like my head is going to explode every time I cough.

I always figured that I might as well be working as sitting at home. Miserable is miserable, just as well be making money while your miserable. I have missed 2 days of work in 12yrs due to being sick. But it was a food poisoning thing. Our whole family got listeria from a funeral dinner. Throwing up like I have never experienced. It put a couple of the older family members in hospital