Instant coffee sticks

Andrewdk

FNG
Hope everyone is having a good start to their season.

Looking for more options for instant coffee. I drank the BRCC koolaid awhile back and while I enjoy their instant sticks, Id like to find a more economical option with decent taste. I like having the option of single serve sticks, I pack my own day's worth of meals into gallon plastic bags.
Tried doing energy gel shots instead of coffee this past weekend and it didn't work out for me. I used to carry a canister of ground coffee and do the pourover every morning, but it's just one more thing to clean up. Thanks in advance for any hidden gems out there.

just went through this myownself and ordered some mt . hagen off amazon that should be here friday. i bought a pour over thing the other day and wasn't a fan of the hassle, bought another one off amazon that has 3 legs and a baggie so atleast it's light i suppose but I usually only have one 500 ml cup to boil water drink coffee from when hiking so it seems like a big fiasco to not just have the instant packet.

If anyone is interested in some Starbucks Italian Roast Via's, I have a bunch I can sell. I used to buy them in bulk from a source that got them from retailers after they expired. But they're still good for years past the expiration. I use them every season, have some in my packs, in my trucks, and take them when traveling. I have more than I'll use in my lifetime.

big fan of Starbuck VIA, wife recent found the Starbuck Holiday blend and when they come back I will getting a good stash of them.

big fan of Starbuck VIA, wife recent found the Starbuck Holiday blend and when they come back I will getting a good stash of them.
Need to try that one!

I am sort of a coffee snob at home, so don't judge me too much on this--but in the backcountry I will often start my morning with a Nalgene filled with 2 starbucks via and one chocolate breakfast essentials. Pretty good combo, and even palatable cold if you're in a hurry and just need the caffeine fix.

I had been a brcc fan for a while but I had a couple of boxes that had seals on packaging go bad. They were like little blocks of concrete in the packs. Switched back to via and haven’t found a reason to change.

I hate Starbucks... but I can't beat the premium instant in the 3oz can. I just repackage it and rock on.

Death wish instant is good. I’m actually gonna try the coffee tea bags this year. I might just buy loose leaf tea bags and make my own. The only instant I’ve tried that wasn’t bitter was the death wish. It’s very strong though

Back