Iron Will Single Bevel Broadhead

OP
Elkoholic87
Yeah, those look like the ticket. I know what heads I’ll be running this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info Bill...quick question, though I know it's somewhat controversial...is there any plan to make a Left bevel?

I personally fletch left to embrace the natural left rotation that my arrows have when leaving my bow...so ideally I'd match the bevel to the natural spin...however most companies making single bevel only make a right bevel.

Not the end of the world for me, and I'd venture a safe guess there will be several replies, voicing their own 0.02cents on why I shouldn't worry about the bevel direction...or even whether fletching Left vs Right matters. That's great if you've had your own experiences with arrow rotation, but that's not what this thread or my question is about.

Any plans or interest in making a Left Bevel IW?

Thanks in advance and love the various size IW's my wife and I already shoot. Great Products!

Having shot Left helical with the old left helical Rocket mechanical heads twenty years ago. I would bet the answer would be NO. I had several heads spin loose and in one case actually come completely off the arrow shaft going through a whitetail deer.

Since a single bevel is supposed to spin through the body imo you are asking for trouble with a left helical single bevel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bill, will there be any 100 grain made or is 125 the lightest grain?
125 will be the lightest for this year at least. The blade length as well as the bevel angle determine how much rotation you get and all of my work the past year or so has been on the s125 size blade. We use that same blade in the 125 to 250 grain models.

NWHunter84

Lil-Rokslider
I've been wanting to switch so I just ordered a 6 pack. Really happy IW came out with these heads. I have some Van Dieman's but really wanted a harder steel for the compound.

NWHunter84

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a chance to shoot these for a while now and I am super happy with them. Season's are starting soon so that will be the real test. Spin testing and tuning went flawlessly. No adjustment was required going from FP to BH. I also shoot the IW FPs so not sure if that made a difference. I compared penetration on target with my old heads (Rinehhart 1/3 elk) and the depth difference was 2-3" more penetration with the IWs. I also decided to test penetration using some plywood. I mounted the 1/4" strips on either end to a saw horse with 32" air gap between. Full arrow penetration on the first sheet, 2/3 penetration on the second sheet (would have been full pass through except for backstop) and still got 8" of penetration on my block backstop.