Is Tikka TX3 Superlite Recoil Pad Noise Normal?

No problem. Hope everything works out.
I'd imagine a file would work just as well or better. I never thought of that. I think that would offer more precision and evenness. I was scared I would shave off a bit too much. Just gotta watch the angle carefully. As a result, mines not totally even but I didn't over shave so I'm not bothered by it.

OP
A
It sounds like a file might be better so you could gradually shave off a small amount of the plastic at a time and checking to see if it's enough without taking off too much.
No problem. Hope everything works out.
I'd imagine a file would work just as well or better. I never thought of that. I think that would offer more precision and evenness. I was scared I would shave off a bit too much. Just gotta watch the angle carefully. As a result, mines not totally even but I didn't over shave so I'm not bothered by it.
It sounds like a file might be better so you could gradually shave off a small amount of the plastic at a time and checking to see if it's enough without taking off too much. Hopefully, I won't have this problem with the new rifle, but if I do, I know what to do. Thanks again for the post and have a good one!

OP
A
Just wanted to make a follow up on the recoil pad noise. I refused the rifle and after several months was able to buy another T3X Superlite in 7mm-08. There are no noise issues with this rifle. By the way, I've been lucky enough to find Norma Whitetail and Hornady Whitetail at a couple local stores but no premium ammo yet for elk. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a t3x lite in November and it had the click. I replaced the pad with a limbsaver, which I planned to do anyways, and the click is gone.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

OP
A
I figured it was the recoil pad but after calling the manufacturer and being told it could be a number of things and needed to be sent to them in order to see what the problem was, I decided to not take delivery of the rifle. I'm planning on replacing the factory recoil pad on my new rifle with a Limbsaver as well.

sdupontjr

WKR
x2 on the limbsaver for mine. Replaced it with the limbsaver for about $35 and makes a huge difference in felt recoil. I also noticed on mine that when you bumped the stock, it was noisy / hollow sounding. I stuffed 6 grocery bags in the stock which weigh nothing, but eliminated the hollow sound.

OP
A
x2 on the limbsaver for mine. Replaced it with the limbsaver for about $35 and makes a huge difference in felt recoil. I also noticed on mine that when you bumped the stock, it was noisy / hollow sounding. I stuffed 6 grocery bags in the stock which weigh nothing, but eliminated the hollow sound
I guess Tikka needed to put more foam in their stocks. Thanks for the practical shopping bag tip!