It ain’t just ammo

Rich M

WKR
Like others have mentioned, the biggest reason for the demand right now is the low interest rates.

That's only gonna last so long. And I can't believe they have stayed low so long - anything to keep us afloat I guess.

Craziness is that like 1/3 of the country is still under lockdown (far as I know).

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
My wife got a job offer in Bozeman this past week. We live outside Seattle and make crazy good money. We had to decline her offer because the housing prices in Bozeman are too expensive even for us. We saw several houses for $900/sq ft. And renting was as much as our mortgage. Combined, we’re in the top 20 percentile of income in the US. If we can’t afford those prices, how can Montanans? We then expanded our search through Idaho and Colorado and New Mexico and what we saw just screamed “bubble!” I started rereading books from the aftermath of the last recession to brush up, starting with Tom Woods’ Meltdown. Good luck out there, y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squamch

WKR
I think they did stop logging at least around here in the nw when the stock market price dipped real low last year, for about a month. My logging buddy said it would eventually create a shortage just like the spotted owl shit show. Combined with alot of our lumber coming from canada nowadays, check this out guys! 1/2 osb at the depot today $42.45 per sheet wtf lol

Yeah, I'm in BC. They didn't stop cutting around here.

I just paid (well, my clients paid) over $100 for 2- 12' 2x6 cedar rough sawn today. The ugly ass baseboard they picked cost them over $350 for 112 LFT. Prices are outrageous, but people keep calling, and I keep tagging my 15% on top!

Carr5vols

WKR
I see where Ford is building F150s without computers due to the chip shortage..They shut down production for 2 weeks a month or so ago, no chips, now they are going to still build them but hold them at the factory till they get chips.
Apparently the automotive chip shortage is across all manufacturers...
I work in the automotive manufacturing segment, all automotive OEMs are being impacted and the fire last weekend at one of the largest chip manufacturers in the world (Japan) did not help. we expect the shortage to continue until the end of 4th quarter. DO NOT buy a new vehicle right now trust me you have no idea what you are getting in the chips.

My wife got a job offer in Bozeman this past week. We live outside Seattle and make crazy good money. We had to decline her offer because the housing prices in Bozeman are too expensive even for us. We saw several houses for $900/sq ft. And renting was as much as our mortgage. Combined, we’re in the top 20 percentile of income in the US. If we can’t afford those prices, how can Montanans? We then expanded our search through Idaho and Colorado and New Mexico and what we saw just screamed “bubble!” I started rereading books from the aftermath of the last recession to brush up, starting with Tom Woods’ Meltdown. Good luck out there, y’all.

This is spot on. The housing market is going to crash harder then it did last time.

Mt Al

WKR
If we can’t afford those prices, how can Montanans?

Only way is if you bought prior to the abso-nutty-crazi-wacko high prices or if you move in with a ton of equity, work out financing and can provide a cash offer often 20% over the asking price.

Plenty of people moving in with a big pile of equity from Washington (#1 import), California, Minnesota and now a big influx from the North East. Seeing New York and Mass license plates is irksome and I don't blame any of them one bit.

Coffee shops and micro breweries pack up early with the "is this the cool place to be?" look.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Only way is if you bought prior to the abso-nutty-crazi-wacko high prices or if you move in with a ton of equity, work out financing and can provide a cash offer often 20% over the asking price.

Plenty of people moving in with a big pile of equity from Washington (#1 import), California, Minnesota and now a big influx from the North East. Seeing New York and Mass license plates is irksome and I don't blame any of them one bit.

Coffee shops and micro breweries pack up early with the "is this the cool place to be?" look.

Yea, it’s sad because I always wanted to live in Idaho or Montana and this was the perfect opportunity to finally move, but apparently everyone else in the states does too. It’s just so bizarre to me that so many people are choosing those two states

*zap*

WKR
shortages of lots of things, people need to think about what they are going to need and do some research/stock up. Foundation form ties are in very short supply.....lumber prices are nuts....the ammo/component situation is going to stay dire for a while. Hopefully the countries meds keep coming, I believe the largest majority are made in china......that is something that we should change asap but it will not be changed.

Be smart and look/plan ahead......

BigskyRF

FNG

I live over here in Bozeman and the housing market is so skewed its insane. Had a buddy offer 25K over asking price and he was the 12th place offer...

2531usmc

WKR
It’s not just Idaho and Wyoming. I live on Maryland Eastern Shore and housing is just as bad if not worse. Seems like everybody in New York and New Jersey are fleeing to here and Florida. Not to mention all of the people escaping Baltimore

EastMT

WKR
20db2bb34bb70b3e07b24af6773583a1.jpg

Glad I not building a house now for sure. This is in AK, Uffda

Beendare

WKR
. Your insistance that nothing was wrong before January 20th just seals that impression.
Now you are making up stuff to suit your argument.... and disingenuously twisting my comments.

reread my post 13....

Are you trying to blame Covid issues on Trump?

Did you know Trump signed an exec order in Sept 2019 that revolutionize the way we develop vaccines in our country? Pre-Covid, this legislation saved us.

Obama/ Biden had 8 yrs and never did that due to their hatred for corporations.

Did you know the Democratic Congress wanted to be able to sue meat packers during Covid? Trump indemnified them to keep the meat processing plants open. If it was up to the Democrats we would be standing in line for a pound of hamburger right now.

Trump was a dick, but the majority if his policy had Americans best interests in mind.

—-

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Now you are making up stuff to suit your argument.... and disingenuously twisting my comments.

reread my post 13....

Are you trying to blame Covid issues on Trump?

Did you know Trump signed an exec order in Sept 2019 that revolutionize the way we develop vaccines in our country? Pre-Covid, this legislation saved us.

Obama/ Biden had 8 yrs and never did that due to their hatred for corporations.

Did you know the Democratic Congress wanted to be able to sue meat packers during Covid? Trump indemnified them to keep the meat processing plants open. If it was up to the Democrats we would be standing in line for a pound of hamburger right now.

Trump was a dick, but the majority if his policy had Americans best interests in mind.

—-

You been chewing on this for a month? You have frequent posts going back to March 19th, so you cannot claim to have just now read the post from which you chose to selectively quote. Brings up the question, are you just looking to pick a fight today?

Your accusation of twisting your comments and of making things up are both unfounded. Though seeing as you do exactly that I can see why you would expect it from others.

I decline to pick up the gauntlet. Have a good day.

Beendare

WKR
I decline to pick up the gauntlet. Have a good day.
Actually I dislike these arguments, so no I’m not looking for an argument. I dislike it more when guys make shit up and twist your comments.... then of course they cannot back up their argument So they resort to snide comments.

That is our situation today. political parties have polarized the different sides to where we eat now cannot have a polite discussion . All you had to say was, “oh I WAS WRONG, I see you said it was partially due to Covid”

We can have intellectually honest and polite political conversations on internet forums but it’s not gonna happen when people are disingenuous making stuff up to suit their argument with no facts to back It up. That is when these discussion go down hill.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Actually I dislike these arguments, so no I’m not looking for an argument. I dislike it more when guys make shit up and twist your comments.... then of course they cannot back up their argument So they resort to snide comments.

That is our situation today. political parties have polarized the different sides to where we eat now cannot have a polite discussion . All you had to say was, “oh I WAS WRONG, I see you said it was partially due to Covid”

We can have intellectually honest and polite political conversations on internet forums but it’s not gonna happen when people are disingenuous making stuff up to suit their argument with no facts to back It up. That is when these discussion go down hill.

So, you come back a month later because you "dislike these arguments?" I have a hard time believing that.

The problem was, I'm not wrong. You post 13.
Its a snowball...partially due to Covid...and partially due to the Democrats in power.

The problem is that higher fuel costs are a stealth tax on every consumer good. Its Econ 101; The higher cost of shipping is passed on to us...just like higher corp taxes will be too.

The folks that voted for the current admin are the ones that killed all of us....especilly the poor. Energy costs are a higher portion of a poor family's budget. Biden told us he would 1) Raise taxes, 2) push the green initiative, 3) Go after guns. Then their massive deficit spending will drive up inflation even more killing our buying power and lowering our standard of living.

Now that they are doing what they promised....people are surprised?Sheesh.

The US is going downhill fast with massive deficit spending and poor policy...all because half of the population is totally fooled.

In that post you completely fail to mention the commie handouts Trump insisted on having his signiture placed on.
Ignor Trump's attemps to increase the cost of oil. Ignore the massive increase in deficite under Trump, only blaming COVID and the Dems. Ignored Trumps insistance on continued loose fiscal policy at the Fed.

Plus, you post #16 is the one I was replying to in the post of mine you selectively edited. In that you said
Sides? I'm an independent.

I look at policy.

Take a look at a chart on what oil has done recently....or what has happened to ammo....all due to a sea change in policy by the new admin.

Claiming the explosion in pricing was caused by the old admin is absurd.
Pretty obviouse to anyone that the post of mine you selective disected to one line is applicable as you are driving at party lines and not policy.
The abserdity on some things is the other way around. Ammo was an issue well befor this year. The bicycle shortage also happened well before this year. Lubber had increased significantly in price last summer. The inflation in the stock market has been going on for years.

I can go on. The hilarious thing is I oppose many of this administrations policies and agree that they are making problems worse and causing new problems; but when you chose to focus on parties, rather than policy, you lost credibility as an "independent" and as having an objective evaluation. Your insistance that nothing was wrong before January 20th just seals that impression.

Once again, the lack of honesty and politness is yours. But, you certainly excell at the "snide comments" you claim to dislike. You can find posts on Rokslide where I have said I was wrong. However I'll be damned before I get bullied into saying it when I'm not. Especially when you hide behind ideals you utterly fail to abide by.

For anyones reference who does not want to dig, below is the entire exchang from March that is in question. Judge for yourself.

Its a snowball...partially due to Covid...and partially due to the Democrats in power.

The problem is that higher fuel costs are a stealth tax on every consumer good. Its Econ 101; The higher cost of shipping is passed on to us...just like higher corp taxes will be too.

The folks that voted for the current admin are the ones that killed all of us....especilly the poor. Energy costs are a higher portion of a poor family's budget. Biden told us he would 1) Raise taxes, 2) push the green initiative, 3) Go after guns. Then their massive deficit spending will drive up inflation even more killing our buying power and lowering our standard of living.

Now that they are doing what they promised....people are surprised?Sheesh.

The US is going downhill fast with massive deficit spending and poor policy...all because half of the population is totally fooled.

__

Because the last 4 years had nothing to do with anything but the last two months are everything? The current administration is certainly making things worse, but the last one has a lot to answer for. Trying to shift blame from your side to the other is immature and part of the problem.

Sides? I'm an independent.

I look at policy.

Take a look at a chart on what oil has done recently....or what has happened to ammo....all due to a sea change in policy by the new admin.

Claiming the explosion in pricing was caused by the old admin is absurd.

___

The abserdity on some things is the other way around. Ammo was an issue well befor this year. The bicycle shortage also happened well before this year. Lubber had increased significantly in price last summer. The inflation in the stock market has been going on for years.

I can go on. The hilarious thing is I oppose many of this administrations policies and agree that they are making problems worse and causing new problems; but when you chose to focus on parties, rather than policy, you lost credibility as an "independent" and as having an objective evaluation. Your insistance that nothing was wrong before January 20th just seals that impression.