It's happening again!

EastMT

WKR
064d612b88c5f35b49f3e5aa4a340564.jpg

CJohnson

WKR
My wife is a public school teacher, you really don't want parents teaching their own kids. Think of how dumb the average American is, there's at least 150 million potential parents stupider than that.
Lol. Maybe have your wife run down the subtle differences between “average” and “median” with you.

Just kidding, I can’t help myself when I see someone trip up with statistics.

Lol. Maybe have your wife run down the subtle differences between “average” and “median” with you.

Just kidding, I can’t help myself when I see someone trip up with statistics.
A population of that size is sure to be normally distributed ensuring the average would be relatively close to the median. As long as the average lands withing 15 million of the mean my statement would be correct.

In stats you're never wrong, your confidence interval just changes

Yeah, because our public school system has performed flawlessly…………
To be fair let me pay you $35k a year to teach 31 kids from a varying level of broken homes, more than half a couple grade levels behind, some who can't even read, with zero support from the parents, and with absolutely zero disciplinary power. Oh and you have to fund absolutely everything yourself (I put about $5-10k a year into classroom supplies for my wifes students).

Bonus end times points: 1/3 of the parents yell incoherent nonsense about you teaching CRT, which most don't even know what it is and some can't even spell (which makes even less sense because you teach math) and accuse you of being a commie while another 3rd of the parents call you a trump supporting Nazi for not enabling their child's delusions that their actually an asexual gecko that demands to be referred to by the pronoun "hee-haw". Everyone's vaping, and you teach 4th grade.

Ten Bears

WKR
To be fair let me pay you $35k a year to teach 31 kids from a varying level of broken homes, more than half a couple grade levels behind, some who can't even read, with zero support from the parents, and with absolutely zero disciplinary power. Oh and you have to fund absolutely everything yourself (I put about $5-10k a year into classroom supplies for my wifes students).

Bonus end times points: 1/3 of the parents yell incoherent nonsense about you teaching CRT, which most don't even know what it is and some can't even spell (which makes even less sense because you teach math) and accuse you of being a commie while another 3rd of the parents call you a trump supporting Nazi for not enabling their child's delusions that their actually an asexual gecko that demands to be referred to by the pronoun "hee-haw". Everyone's vaping, and you teach 4th grade.

Oh wow. You are crazy. Good to know.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider

You ain't lyin'

Sent from my N1374DL using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR

I know and am friends with a few people who are teachers. This isn’t a rant people, there is some serious truth in this post. Some of the story’s I hear are unbelievable, my parents would have beat my ass if I acted like some kids do today.

Parents look at school as state sponsored daycare and blame the school when their kids fail. While I did have a few teachers who were useless and just there because of tenure and good benefits, most of my public school educators really did their best and truly cared. A lot of kids were busy getting high or wasted and looking for the next person to hookup with instead of being responsible and trying to learn. I run into a lot of people I went to school with (small town) and they blame the system instead of themselves for not having a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.