It's happening again!

WKR
Mount Stupid, in the Dunning Kruger unit, must have a lot of elk. It's the only reason I can think of for some folks spending so much time there.

CHSD

WKR
Yeah, right.
Queens reading stories of “Timmy Has 2 Daddies” to ten yr olds in the school library.
Loudan County allowing cross dressing 15 yr olds in school settings to sexually assault young females. (Twice by the same kid, mind you).
These kind of things should not only NEVER happen in a school setting, there shouldn’t be anything remotely like these things happening in schools.
For anyone to suggest that social programming isn’t taking place in schools is insane. None of this bull crap took place in schools like this till about the late seventies, early 80’s. And boy, did it take off after that!
And for those of you’s that think that the teachers are the saviors of the general population of kids in today’s society... you are sadly mistaken. Public schools have overall done more harm to our society and kids than poor parenting ever accomplished.
Now don’t get me wrong. Sure, there are plenty of good teachers out there doing good things. Certainly some that even saved a kid or two. But for those of us who have been around for a few decades and have watched it all play out, there’s no question public schooling has caused more problems than it fixed.
Otherwise we wouldnt even be having these discussions.
I would 100% agree those thing should not be happening in school. My heart goes out to the students who were sexually assaulted. Agreed that book should not be in the Library, 100%. My question to you would be, did you go to those school boards and speak out? Or just read about them on fox news?

I also find it very interesting that these things started happening in the 70s. No fault divorces started in 1969. Ripping apart families. I see a correlation.

I believe that we need to have local school policies. As a South Dakotan I cannot control what is taught in Queens. Do you want a federal mandated school curriculum?

And I personally believe teachers need to be better. In my opinion and it is not popular, teachers need to hold themselves to a higher standard. 100% agree with you that there are a lot of bad teachers. But I hope you know that foxnews and cnn only show the bad ones.

CHSD

WKR
$35K/year sounds awesome for having a 3 month summer break, 1 week spring break, 9 day winter break, and 1 week Thanksgiving Break! Heck, the rest of us are working while teachers are at the beach all summer.

I have two teacher friends, 1 in Texas and 1 in WI the horror stories here are VASTLY over exaggerated. They both say it’s a pretty sweet gig.

$35K/year sounds awesome for having a 3 month summer break, 1 week spring break, 9 day winter break, and 1 week Thanksgiving Break! Heck, the rest of us are working while teachers are at the beach all summer.

I have two teacher friends, 1 in Texas and 1 in WI the horror stories here are VASTLY over exaggerated. They both say it’s a pretty sweet gig.
Lol sign up! There are all kinds of shortages. And all kinds of alternative certificates that you can get, would you can have 3 months of unpaid summer break!

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
I would 100% agree those thing should not be happening in school. My heart goes out to the students who were sexually assaulted. Agreed that book should not be in the Library, 100%. My question to you would be, did you go to those school boards and speak out? Or just read about them on fox news?

I also find it very interesting that these things started happening in the 70s. No fault divorces started in 1969. Ripping apart families. I see a correlation.

I believe that we need to have local school policies. As a South Dakotan I cannot control what is taught in Queens. Do you want a federal mandated school curriculum?

And I personally believe teachers need to be better. In my opinion and it is not popular, teachers need to hold themselves to a higher standard. 100% agree with you that there are a lot of bad teachers. But I hope you know that foxnews and cnn only show the bad ones.
I’ll address a couple of your statements and questions....
I did NOT go out to the school boards and speak out. I grew up out of poor splintered family that split apart when I was 16. Dad was alcoholic. I was on my own right out of high school. I vowed to myself to not marry nor have kids unless I found a suitable mate to trust enough to raise a child the way I thought it would take to raise them successfully. As years passed, I watched the (lefties) in govt continue to destroy the ability to be successful through out this great nation by families. (Yes, greed by the consumer nation played a part too). I kept my part of the bargain I made with myself and married later in life to a woman who already had kids out of high school. No kids for me.
My reference to “Queens” reading is not like near Brooklyn. I was talking about Drag Queens reading to the children in schools. (Had a chuckle there). If u didn’t see that, spend more time on Fox.
Lastly, it doesn’t matter if CNN or Fox or anyone shows ‘only the bad teachers’. There should NOT be bad teachers! That’s what administrators are SUPPOSED to be FOR. But no, the School Districts often do the exact opposite and promote this BS.
Many of us in the good old USA know full well we are ruled by a bunch of idiotic puppets. At this stage of the game only morons can’t see where these fools have led us.
God help us.

Lol sign up! There are all kinds of shortages. And all kinds of alternative certificates that you can get, would you can have 3 months of unpaid summer break!

Well, i make $85K a year and now working from home due to the fearful minions terrified of Covid so i’ll pass on a $35k/yr job no matter what it is.

But, being a teacher is the BEST $35k job out there hands down. Anyone complaining about it is a whiner. Both my friends say it’s pretty cush but admittedly they aren’t real go getters either. Fun fact though, they both make more like $50k, $35k/year is for kids right out of college. It’s a pretty good gig for most outside of entitled liberal whiner types. There isn’t ANYTHING that can make a joyless lefty happy.

Last edited:
Well, let’s get it back on track!

Even the CDC director is admitting what we already knew:
View attachment 367580
I just refuse to play Covid anymore. There's little point in putting any effort into these things because no one is genuine. It's not about Covid, it's not about facts or safety, it's about stopping the right wing Nazis/extracting liberal tears. Jesus Christ himself could come down tomorrow and say the vaccine is good or bad and most people wouldn't change their position. It's a game you can only win by refusing to play.

Full disclosure I live in a red state where people haven't completely lost their god damn minds, so I'm a little spoiled in that regard.

Last edited:

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
I just refuse to play Covid anymore. There's little point in putting any effort into these things because no one is genuine. It's not about Covid, it's not about facts or safety, it's about stopping the right wing Nazis/extracting liberal tears. Jesus Christ himself could come down tomorrow and say the vaccine is good or bad and most people wouldn't change their position. It's a game you can only win by refusing to play.
While I don’t see any new unvaxxed folks going to get vaxxed, I DO see a few on the forum stating they won’t get more ‘boosted’. So even the easily fooled are starting to come around.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, I must be a fool.

KurtR

WKR
4917D134-62D6-4459-9762-D08AC43DD05A.jpegDidn’t see a mask at the rules meeting last night

This was early so the place wasn’t filled up yet

I would be curious as to what district are teaching this "social programming." Being a teacher I can guarantee you that everything going on in this country has less to do with the public school system and more to do with lack of parenting at home, single family households and poverty. In my opinion, kids growing up without strong fathers in a traditional mom and dad household is the underlying issues to a majority of the problems in society. But it is a lot easier to blame public schools.

The "wokeness" movement. "Wokeness" celebrates gender confusion and the destruction of the family unit.

OP
E

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
1. They only work ~9 months out of the year. My mom makes about ~40/year which, which would be a .75FTE job, its the equivalent to what I make working a 1FTE job.
I'm sure your mom would agree that those 9 months are, or at least were the hours/days spent at the school or doing official school work. Many teachers spend a vast amount of their own time and money preparing the curriculum, and classroom to be the most effective at communicating the lessons. Then there's the time just worrying about the well-being of the students. And now with virtual learning, teachers have to learn a new way to teach, on the fly. It's a totally different method of teaching, and not all children learn in the same manner.
Good teachers should be thanked for their service to this country, just like our Military members. Thank you to all the teachers out there doing their best.

Most families then didnt have 3,000 sq ft homes, multiple vehicles they are spending $1200+/month, all owning $1000 phones and $300/month cell phone bills. All in what you see as a priority. For most people now, its material 'things'........so yes, families can still be sustained by one income, they just choose not to.
The part you're missing in your comparison is what things cost nowadays.

You're right - there wasn't $1200 a month in car payments because cars didn't cost $30-50k each. Used vehicles also weren't $25-50k. A Ford F150 4wd supercab in 1990 cost $15k brand new off the lot(and that was MSRP). They don't go for less than $40k now. A recent model used is damn near $40k. Even those older trucks are still commanding $8-10k.

Housing didn't cost $1500-3000 a month because normal(under 2k sq. ft.) houses didn't cost $350k+. The median home price in 1990 was $79k! Last year it was $408k.

During that time cell phones didn't exist or weren't prevalent, but even then basic phone service was only 20-30 a month.

Everything has went up, and not just since Covid. Median household income in 1990 was $54k(adjusted to 2020 dollars). In 2020, it was $67k.

Theres ZERO possibility I could support my wife and 2 kids on just my salary even working 10-20 hours a week of overtime. We live in a 1700 sq ft house on a single acre and it cost $415k. Let that sink in.

Sure, we could move to Alabama(I'm originally from Mobile), but guess what - while the housing is cheaper, I'm also going to be making significantly less(over $10/hr difference)... and the vehicles/phone service costs the same there as it does here. Insurance is more expensive there.

We don't live an extravagant life either. Its not like we're taking multiple week long vacations out of the country(and by that I mean zero), driving around luxury automobiles(while I have a new truck, my wife is driving around in a 2012 Chevrolet that's paid off), spending hundreds of dollars on eating out every week, wearing "designer" clothing, or own a camper or boat. We drink Folgers from the coffee maker in the kitchen. I live 40 miles from work because its what we can afford housing-wise, not because I wish to drive 80 miles everyday... anything closer is well outside of the budget - even if we downsized!

Show me how I can still get to work reliably, and have a few cents leftover at the end of the year to do something other than work while keeping my wife and two kids fed and sheltered and I'll buy what you're selling.

You can't... and it's the unfortunate reality of life in 2022.

edit to add - I'm a journeyman diesel tech, so it isn't like I'm in a "low paying" field like fast food or retail something or other.

Last edited:

Glory

Lil-Rokslider

Teachers in my district are under contract for 180 days a year. Have the best health insurance. Costs the district 32k a year for a family. Pay starts at 45k and ends at 80+. No one pays for supplies.

The part you're missing in your comparison is what things cost nowadays.

You're right - there wasn't $1200 a month in car payments because cars didn't cost $30-50k each. Used vehicles also weren't $25-50k. A Ford F150 4wd supercab in 1990 cost $15k brand new off the lot(and that was MSRP). They don't go for less than $40k now. A recent model used is damn near $40k. Even those older trucks are still commanding $8-10k.

Housing didn't cost $1500-3000 a month because normal(under 2k sq. ft.) houses didn't cost $350k+. The median home price in 1990 was $79k! Last year it was $408k.

During that time cell phones didn't exist or weren't prevalent, but even then basic phone service was only 20-30 a month.

Everything has went up, and not just since Covid. Median household income in 1990 was $54k(adjusted to 2020 dollars). In 2020, it was $67k.

Theres ZERO possibility I could support my wife and 2 kids on just my salary even working 10-20 hours a week of overtime. We live in a 1700 sq ft house on a single acre and it cost $415k. Let that sink in.

Sure, we could move to Alabama(I'm originally from Mobile), but guess what - while the housing is cheaper, I'm also going to be making significantly less(over $10/hr difference)... and the vehicles/phone service costs the same there as it does here. Insurance is more expensive there.

We don't live an extravagant life either. Its not like we're taking multiple week long vacations out of the country(and by that I mean zero), driving around luxury automobiles(while I have a new truck, my wife is driving around in a 2012 Chevrolet that's paid off), spending hundreds of dollars on eating out every week, wearing "designer" clothing, or own a camper or boat. We drink Folgers from the coffee maker in the kitchen. I live 40 miles from work because its what we can afford housing-wise, not because I wish to drive 80 miles everyday... anything closer is well outside of the budget - even if we downsized!

Show me how I can still get to work reliably, and have a few cents leftover at the end of the year to do something other than work while keeping my wife and two kids fed and sheltered and I'll buy what you're selling.

You can't... and it's the unfortunate reality of life in 2022.

edit to add - I'm a journeyman diesel tech, so it isn't like I'm in a "low paying" field like fast food or retail something or other.

Dollar figures and inflation are irrelevant. Technology has afforded most families to have those things. Most families are not having to cut, haul, split, and stack firewood anymore as a means for heat and cooking energy. Or spend time preparing every meal they ate. Or lugging water up from a well or nearby stream if they weren't lucky enough to have a well and hand pump in their simple kitchen areas.

The pursuit of toys is a distraction that while isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is costly at times in other ways.

Last edited: