It's happening again!

Well, if teachers taught math, reading, English, writing, etc. instead of social programming, the country would be much better off for it. So much time has been spent on provable failed social experiments that it’s not funny. The proof of what I just stated is right in the pudding we are now eating. Low test scores and chaos in the teaching industry.
Can’t argue there is some of that going on.
Luckily we haven’t had to deal with any of that in our district

CHSD

WKR
Well, if teachers taught math, reading, English, writing, etc. instead of social programming, the country would be much better off for it. So much time has been spent on provable failed social experiments that it’s not funny. The proof of what I just stated is right in the pudding we are now eating. Low test scores and chaos in the teaching industry.
I would be curious as to what district are teaching this "social programming." Being a teacher I can guarantee you that everything going on in this country has less to do with the public school system and more to do with lack of parenting at home, single family households and poverty. In my opinion, kids growing up without strong fathers in a traditional mom and dad household is the underlying issues to a majority of the problems in society. But it is a lot easier to blame public schools.

Venom One

WKR
I would be curious as to what district are teaching this "social programming." Being a teacher I can guarantee you that everything going on in this country has less to do with the public school system and more to do with lack of parenting at home, single family households and poverty. In my opinion, kids growing up without strong fathers in a traditional mom and dad household is the underlying issues to a majority of the problems in society. But it is a lot easier to blame public schools.

Definitely agree - lots of pathetic parents who blame the schools for their failings.

If the school disciplines a kid, then the parents claim racism or some bias BS. Our school district hired an equity director (of the proper color and gender of course) - for a lot of money - to ensure everyone was treated "equally". What a crock!

However, to say that some schools aren't teaching CRT and other liberal ideology would be untruthful. We've see plenty of examples of this around the country. We've also seen a Teacher's Union that is out of F****ing control. I used to defend teachers, but sadly, I've lost all trust. Which is pretty sad because there are a lot of good teachers. But when they refused to go to work because of Covid - even after they'd been given head-of-the-line privilege's for the vaccine and billions $$$ to make schools "safe", my patience and tolerance were gone.

Before retirement I taught engineering classes at a University. Although many kids were functional, I was appalled at the few whose writing was unreadable, spelling that defied reason, and a basic lack of english skills. I won't even get into a lack of knowledge of history.

The hell with sociology it's time they got back to teaching the basics for life. I graduated from a reservation school and got a far superior foundation than the schools in the larger cities. A little more focus on readin, writen and rithmatic would be a good start.

CHSD

WKR
Definitely agree - lots of pathetic parents who blame the schools for their failings.

If the school disciplines a kid, then the parents claim racism or some bias BS. Our school district hired an equity director (of the proper color and gender of course) - for a lot of money - to ensure everyone was treated "equally". What a crock!

However, to say that some schools aren't teaching CRT and other liberal ideology would be untruthful. We've see plenty of examples of this around the country. We've also seen a Teacher's Union that is out of F****ing control. I used to defend teachers, but sadly, I've lost all trust. Which is pretty sad because there are a lot of good teachers. But when they refused to go to work because of Covid - even after they'd been given head-of-the-line privilege's for the vaccine and billions $$$ to make schools "safe", my patience and tolerance were gone.
That is insane that your district has resorted to hiring a equity director. I am curious how many states have CRT in their state standards. I couldn't find much in my quick google search, as I truly do not care that much. And I completely agree with you that it is pathetic that teachers refuse to go to work due to Covid. Shutting down schools is a bad deal for all parties.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider

Yeah, right.
Queens reading stories of “Timmy Has 2 Daddies” to ten yr olds in the school library.
Loudan County allowing cross dressing 15 yr olds in school settings to sexually assault young females. (Twice by the same kid, mind you).
These kind of things should not only NEVER happen in a school setting, there shouldn’t be anything remotely like these things happening in schools.
For anyone to suggest that social programming isn’t taking place in schools is insane. None of this bull crap took place in schools like this till about the late seventies, early 80’s. And boy, did it take off after that!
And for those of you’s that think that the teachers are the saviors of the general population of kids in today’s society... you are sadly mistaken. Public schools have overall done more harm to our society and kids than poor parenting ever accomplished.
Now don’t get me wrong. Sure, there are plenty of good teachers out there doing good things. Certainly some that even saved a kid or two. But for those of us who have been around for a few decades and have watched it all play out, there’s no question public schooling has caused more problems than it fixed.
Otherwise we wouldnt even be having these discussions.

Venom One

WKR
That is insane that your district has resorted to hiring a equity director. I am curious how many states have CRT in their state standards. I couldn't find much in my quick google search, as I truly do not care that much. And I completely agree with you that it is pathetic that teachers refuse to go to work due to Covid. Shutting down schools is a bad deal for all parties.

Yup, an Equity Director and they're also forming a committee composed of minorities and "marginalized" people to create rules/regulations for equality/fairness and serve to as watchdogs/arbitrators of said rules. Like you said, parenting, single-parent homes and poverty are the root cause, but blaming the school for inequality/unfairness and society for "oppression" is far easier.

I doubt schools are openly promoting CRT - especially now that it's gotten so much negative attention - but libs are still going to teach it (if they can get away with it.)

Venom One

WKR
Yeah, right.
Queens reading stories of “Timmy Has 2 Daddies” to ten yr olds in the school library.
Loudan County allowing cross dressing 15 yr olds in school settings to sexually assault young females. (Twice by the same kid, mind you).
These kind of things should not only NEVER happen in a school setting, there shouldn’t be anything remotely like these things happening in schools.
For anyone to suggest that social programming isn’t taking place in schools is insane. None of this bull crap took place in schools like this till about the late seventies, early 80’s. And boy, did it take off after that!
And for those of you’s that think that the teachers are the saviors of the general population of kids in today’s society... you are sadly mistaken. Public schools have overall done more harm to our society and kids than poor parenting ever accomplished.
Now don’t get me wrong. Sure, there are plenty of good teachers out there doing good things. Certainly some that even saved a kid or two. But for those of us who have been around for a few decades and have watched it all play out, there’s no question public schooling has caused more problems than it fixed.
Otherwise we wouldnt even be having these discussions.

Agree - the examples you mentioned are egregious in the extreme and makes us wonder what else we're not aware of.

I think we have (2) issues:

1. The lack of parenting creating kids with behavioral issues.

2, The fact that the teaching profession (in many big cities), has been overrun with far left liberals who are teaching our kids a bunch of left-wing BS.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, an Equity Director and they're also forming a committee composed of minorities and "marginalized" people to create rules/regulations for equality/fairness and serve to as watchdogs/arbitrators of said rules. Like you said, parenting, single-parent homes and poverty are the root cause, but blaming the school for inequality/unfairness and society for "oppression" is far easier.

I doubt schools are openly promoting CRT - especially now that it's gotten so much negative attention - but libs are still going to teach it (if they can get away with it.)
You, Sir, may very well be considered a shill for the status quo. Whether knowingly or not, I won’t guess.
You doubt schools are “openly promoting CRT”.... sheesh. Give us a break! Whether they call if SEL or whatever. Leftists just change the name of something or the definition of something and think folks won’t notice. “You doubt...”. Good lord!
I also noticed u managed to squeeze in half a dozen other key talking point words/ phrases in your post. “Equity, marginalized, equality, fairness, oppression,” etc.
Absolutely none of that is needed to do math correctly. None of that is needed to read and write decently. None of that matters when just learning our nations history and such matters more importance in the real world.

$35K/year sounds awesome for having a 3 month summer break, 1 week spring break, 9 day winter break, and 1 week Thanksgiving Break! Heck, the rest of us are working while teachers are at the beach all summer.

I have two teacher friends, 1 in Texas and 1 in WI the horror stories here are VASTLY over exaggerated. They both say it’s a pretty sweet gig.

CorbLand

WKR
My mom is a public school teacher and has been for 15 years. She was an aide before that so basically has been in the public school system for 20 plus years. I grew up in that world so to speak and have had many conversations with her about topics.

I do think that public school teachers are underpaid for the crap they deal with but there are two things that I think are very forgotten when it comes to it.

1. They only work ~9 months out of the year. My mom makes about ~40/year which, which would be a .75FTE job, its the equivalent to what I make working a 1FTE job.

2. Public school teachers have not been paid great for the last 40 years. Meaning that anyone that went into that profession should have known this and still made the choice. Its not like you did four years of college thinking you were going to make 100,000 a year and when you graduated they suddenly cut pay.

The education system in the US is a mess and it is caused by a multitude of issues. If you think the K-12 system is sad, you should take a job at a University...woof.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Its not like you did four years of college thinking you were going to make 100,000 a year and when you graduated they suddenly cut pay.
Depends on the state and School District. In PA I have friends making 120K after 5 - 10 years. Plus in a good neighborhood so parents are involved. Pretty good gig I’d think. Since they’ll retire at 55 making over 60k a year and health care till 65.

CorbLand

WKR
Depends on the state and School District. In PA I have friends making 120K after 5 - 10 years. Plus in a good neighborhood so parents are involved. Pretty good gig I’d think. Since they’ll retire at 55 making over 60k a year and health care till 65.
That was in reference to the area my mom works which is rural. Obviously you would need to adjust the numbers for your area but the context is still the same.

Are those teachers that are making that or administration?

Venom One

WKR
You, Sir, may very well be considered a shill for the status quo. Whether knowingly or not, I won’t guess.
You doubt schools are “openly promoting CRT”.... sheesh. Give us a break! Whether they call if SEL or whatever. Leftists just change the name of something or the definition of something and think folks won’t notice. “You doubt...”. Good lord!
I also noticed u managed to squeeze in half a dozen other key talking point words/ phrases in your post. “Equity, marginalized, equality, fairness, oppression,” etc.
Absolutely none of that is needed to do math correctly. None of that is needed to read and write decently. None of that matters when just learning our nations history and such matters more importance in the real world.

Wow. Just wow. Either you read two words of my post and started flaming me or I did a terrible job explaining my position. I'm guessing you misunderstood my point about schools promoting CRT. SOME are obviously promoting it greatly IN SCHOOL. However, most aren't promoting it PUBLICALLY in a way that someone could google it (like CHSD did) and find out which schools support/promote CRT. Most try to hide what they're doing because they know the majority of the public is against it. Which is why they've gotten away with brainwashing our kids for so long.

I agree - it's all BS leftist propaganda. Teach our kids math, English, writing and REAL history.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
That was in reference to the area my mom works which is rural. Obviously you would need to adjust the numbers for your area but the context is still the same.

Are those teachers that are making that or administration?
Teachers, Math and Biology with Masters. But the system is pretty whacked there. Goes by township/School district. So the neighborhood with higher salaries pay higher teacher salaries. Poorer areas not so much.

I would say median salary in my area was 75K. Which is very good money.

CJohnson

WKR
I wonder if there’s a teacher forum out there with a thread about backcountry hunting gear. If so, I wonder if it’s as well informed about that topic as this group is about public education. 🤣🤣🤣🤣