Izzy in action

ODB

WKR
Never heard a storm named my whole life, mate. And I’ve been through many, many rough east-coast snows like this.

At the end of the same Wikipedia article quotes above it also says: “The National Weather Service has since stated that "no plans to consider naming winter storms" are in progress.[25]

Naming a storm after it happens, by the date or major effect is not the same as naming it during its formation.

In any case. Enjoy and be safe.

They started years ago in 2012 to bring awareness about them. Kind of like hurricanes, but I don't think its caught on as well.

ODB

WKR
0274B1FB-9E78-41A4-A753-1F87B7C22942.jpeg8FDAED1E-64CF-458E-9BEC-1C61ED27FF4C.jpegI meant when I lived in VA I remember many of these nasty snow-and-ice dumpers.

I got these from my cousin not far from Charlottesville. It’s bad when the snow plow gets stuck.

kda082

WKR
Superstorm 93! That SOB chased us to FL for spring break. Snow in the pan handle. Horrible spring break. Parkas replaced bikinis.

SWOHTR

WKR
Any given Tuesday in the Midwest. Regardless, I know how unenjoyable it can be to live somewhere that is unused to winter weather and is unprepared. As said earlier, be safe and enjoy it. The snow makes deer a lot easier to see, and I’m sure the kids will enjoy it.

The Midwest doesn't have hills.

I had a buddy from Michigan laugh at how things shut down for 9" of snow, till he was here for it....

Had to pull a vdot truck out while I was out feeding today. Lot of these hills if things start to slide only thing you can do is hold on and hope you hit something soft.

Mtnboy

WKR
The Midwest doesn't have hills.

I had a buddy from Michigan laugh at how things shut down for 9" of snow, till he was here for it....

Had to pull a vdot truck out while I was out feeding today. Lot of these hills if things start to slide only thing you can do is hold on and hope you hit something soft.
We got plenty of hills out West....mountains even....they plow all the time on steep shit around here...I'm gonna say that is more error/inexperience on the drivers part than the extreme nature of ya'll hills.

Good luck and stay safe, it definitely throws a wrench in the plans when you get dumped on with snow and nobody is used to dealing with it.

We got plenty of hills out West....mountains even....they plow all the time on steep shit around here...I'm gonna say that is more error/inexperience on the drivers part than the extreme nature of ya'll hills.

Good luck and stay safe, it definitely throws a wrench in the plans when you get dumped on with snow and nobody is used to dealing with it.

I'm not at all envious of plow truck drivers in the Rockies. My reference was to the Midwest.

But let me tell you something, steep is steep. Doesn't matter if it's at 3k or 9k feet. Ice is ice too, and roads with drop off shoulders aren't forgiving. Not like million dollar highway tho, that's some sketchy shit.