Livingston Montana Emergency

fwafwow

WKR
Best of luck, and thanks for keeping us posted (to the extent appropriate). I hope everything works out, and if there are any charges that are not otherwise resolved, that there is a “first offender” route (ideally with expungement).

Jon Boy

WKR
New update. He got a burner phone. he had turned his notice on his apartment before this occurred as he was moving back august 5th to start working his old lineman job here...and they can't extend so now we are looking for a new place to rent and for another job for him if anyone knows of anything reasonable in livingston to rent or a get my by job for a few months...appreciate all the words and prayers.
He can work for me. I need a hand. Pm me if he has an interest in construction. I've had a few kids work for me and have been told I've been a good mentor to them as well. I'm in Livingston. I'll ask around about a place to live.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
He can work for me. I need a hand. Pm me if he has an interest in construction. I've had a few kids work for me and have been told I've been a good mentor to them as well. I'm in Livingston. I'll ask around about a place to live.

Just sent a PM...this is why Rokslide community is cream of the crop...

woods89

WKR

Not a half bad offer.

I started doing construction at 16, and getting home really tired in the evenings likely saved me and my parents all sorts of problems.

Wishing you the best, OP. My oldest is 9, and the next 10-15 years can scare me out a bit sometimes.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider

I'm also a carpenter in Livingston. We should trade contacts. Not really looking for extra work right now but it's always good to know people.

Sherman

WKR
Brother I got him to 21 with only 1 speeding ticket, all A's and B's, and hes a lineman...not sure where it went wrong or what happened in the last 7 months in montana...but I take the critiscm and will try to do better with him and my other 2.
All lineman know that you truly aren’t a journeyman until you’ve had your first divorce and DUI. Sounds like he’s on the right path.

7mm-08

WKR

What a gracious offer. I don't know the OP from a hill of beans (and I certainly wish him and his family the best in this difficult situation), but you, sir, are a hell of a decent human being.

Jon Boy

WKR
What a gracious offer. I don't know the OP from a hill of beans (and I certainly wish him and his family the best in this difficult situation), but you, sir, are a hell of a decent human being.
We've all been there. I've done a lot worst and never got caught im sure. Not saying it's right but I bet most can relate. I also know how scary it can be to be in a pickle that far from home. I was there myself 10 years ago in the same damn town. 20 years old, had a bad scuff with the law, no place to live and got a damn parking ticket while at the Livingston library using their wifi to find a place to live and a job.

I had no one other than my old man that was a thousand miles away and he was doing everything the OP is doing now.

I thought my life was over but it all worked out just fine and I'm glad I never left this town. He will be fine. Just needs a little guidance.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
Brother I got him to 21 with only 1 speeding ticket, all A's and B's, and hes a lineman...not sure where it went wrong or what happened in the last 7 months in montana...but I take the critiscm and will try to do better with him and my other 2.
You said it, he’s a lineman. So am I and I’ve worked there. No cure for what he’s got.

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
All lineman know that you truly aren’t a journeyman until you’ve had your first divorce and DUI. Sounds like he’s on the right path.
I guess I’m “really” not a journeyman then. I have however seen seen a few canned for that way of life.

Coldtrail

WKR
I'll admit when I first saw this thread I wasn't sure where this was going, my initial thought was when an adult with a good job makes a bad choice affecting their job & future, its also their choice to fix it or continue the lifestyle. For me, I felt calling dad wasn't in my list of options.

That being said, when I went though my single young man phase I tried to handle everything myself, kept as much as possible from my parents, mainly because I'd have gotten my ass kicked. There were times police stopped at the house "needing to speak" to me but anything beyond that was a secret. Only recently did I find out from my 80yr old father that 30+ yrs ago he worked a deal with the local police chief where they would run a crminal history on me before I'd ship out for out of town jobs to make sure any obligations to the state had been addressed and my drivers license was still valid, knowing the trouble that getting picked up on a warrant in a far away place would cause or driving on a suspended license. Helped me out without helping me out.......and the kicker, I actually got into law enforcement and hired by that same chief, we are good friends to this day.

I agree with some comments, not with others, but kudos to everyone having a civilized conversation on this, many of us probably have been helped along but just didnt know it or admit it. Hopefully its just a bump in the road, but ultimately it's the offender that will decide the path forward, not dad

Just wanted to quote this again. Good stuff.

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
Same with pipeliners. I probably deserve a 100 dwi, so thankful I didn’t hurt/kill anyone. Most of the lineman/ground men I have worked around it’s a normal week to be bailing somebody out of jail. Good on your Dad! It’s not the end of the world.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Update: He has been home since September running a underground power crew, court proceedings are over. Want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers and especially @Jon Boy for letting him work some before he came back to Georgia. He grew up 10 years in about 2 weeks...may turn out to be the best thing ever happened to him.