Livingston Montana Emergency

Man, you're quite gracious in listening to people who don't know the whole story trying to tell you how to support your son. Respect your humble heart and open mind.

I hope you find the best representation.

Family strength is an awesome thing and sounds like you're well aware of your tough love and loving support options. Imagine you'll all grow a tremendous amount through this.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Man, you're quite gracious in listening to people who don't know the whole story trying to tell you how to support your son. Respect your humble heart and open mind.

I hope you find the best representation.

Family strength is an awesome thing and sounds like you're well aware of your tough love and loving support options. Imagine you'll all grow a tremendous amount through this.
Agreed. Pretty easy to tell a guy what to do with his family when you’re not part of the situation.

Best of luck to you and your son. Hopefully in 5 years you’ll both look back and just shake your head at a dumb moment in time. Everything passes and what might seem like a huge deal right now, might not be such a big deal down the road. Make sure your sons head is in a good place and support him. People sometimes make permanent decisions to solve temporary problems.

Spent a couple nights in the drunk tank in college and one of them cost me my license for 6 months. Mom and Dad helped me with legal fees on the OWI. I paid for 6 months of car-mounted breathalyzers and kept my nose clean and a$$ at home while I was suspended. Then I paid SR22 insurance for the next 7 years which sucked a$$.

However... The six months I was suspended and 3 hours from family and friends, my Dad came up to see me every weekend. We bird hunted, hung out, ate together, and drank a lot of beers. Some of my fondest memories, and I could never thank him enough for sacrificing the time to come see me and cure the loneliness.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Wow. Some of the comments on here are shameful. The OP asked about "some general questions about judges, lawyers, etc. In the area."

It was not an open invite for stupid comments, or criticism on his parenting style. There have been so many connecting of dots that some of you have already decided what took place and provided unsolicited advice on how he should proceed.

I'd like to think that this community of ours is always willing to lend a hand to a brother in need no questions asked. Well, that's the Montana way as I know it. Some of you holier than thou perfectionist with all the answers I am sure have never made a mistake in life, or as a parent. Passing judgement based solely on assumptions is pitiful, and unwarranted.

OP, I hope you got all you need, and am thankful for those that were genuine and helpful.

Man, my oldest is 5 and everyday I relearn the lesson that no matter how "right" you do it and how hard you try, children just have a propensity to go rogue and test boundaries. As a family friend always says, "little kids, little problems. big kids, big problems." Any parent with even a hint of self-reflection should realize they could easily find themselves in the same shoes.

No judgement here. I barely survived my early 20's and did all kinds of things that would require much more than $5K bail. Was in no way any reflection of how I was raised IMO and certainly not a reflection of who I am (was) as a person on a moral level. Just a stupid kid influenced by his surroundings and circumstances. I've said it before that I believe and science shows that humans are impulsive children until about age 24. I personally think our laws (voting age, firearm purchase age, substance purchasing age) should be changed to reflect that.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Bail bond is a racket. I hope you waited until arraignment at least. Most of the time on first offenses, they release you on your own recognizance. Unless you are a danger or flight risk. At the very least they can lower the bail. Jail isn’t so bad. Hell, our servicemen and woman have it way worse when they are deployed.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
New update. He got a burner phone. he had turned his notice on his apartment before this occurred as he was moving back august 5th to start working his old lineman job here...and they can't extend so now we are looking for a new place to rent and for another job for him if anyone knows of anything reasonable in livingston to rent or a get my by job for a few months...appreciate all the words and prayers.

Last edited:

roymunson

WKR
as a father of 3 boys, I'm sure I'll get a phone call in this category some day.

We try our best to tell our boys that when you make a mistake, repent, make it right, change, and move forward...

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
New update. He got a burner phone. his phone and all his tools are is in his jeep and they are keeping it for evidence for the impersonating an officer ( flashing blue lights at slow vehicles) I know dumb decision...he had turned his notice on his apartment before this occurred as he was moving back august 5th to startvworking hisboldblineman job h ere...and they can't extend so now we are looking for a new place to rent and for another job for him if anyone knows of anything reasonable in livingston to rent or a get my by job for a few months...appreciate all the words and prayers.
Can't help with living, but if he needs a job to get by, I could get him one up here in Helena, at least until the snow flies. Shoot me a PM if you would like.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Can't help with living, but if he needs a job to get by, I could get him one up here in Helena, at least until the snow flies. Shoot me a PM if you would like.
Thank you if he can't pick something up in Livingston until this passes. May reach out to you.

Last edited:
Cut him some slack,

I was arrested 4 times between ages of 17 and 22 for drunken debauchery.

I am very curious as to the felony public servant information charge though...I'm sure there's a good story there.

Craigslist also has lots of jobs for trades and labor work. Lots of construction help needed. Not having wheels can make it a little harder.

OP - I wish you and your family the best. A piece of advice since everyone here seems to be giving it out - don’t post updates about your son regarding an open criminal case. I appreciate that you seem to be a friendly good hearted person, but I would recommend keeping your communication on here straight to the point and very limited in scope. Maintain an inner circle and guard it carefully. Best of luck to you.