Jdog's 11-18 KY Deer Hunt

Jdog

WKR
Jdog's 11-18 KY Deer Hunt Adventures

Alrightie. Got weathered out in the beginning of our WY elk hunt so now it's time for some good old whitetails.

I am in Western KY until Friday to chase deer with a college buddy on private land. Saturday and Sunday I will drive to my dads and we will chase deer on Fort Knox.

5 tags--want to fill them all! 3 does and two buck tags. I brought the 444 Marlin, my 270 and my Matthews.

First sit tonight is on an open field. Wind has finally died down. 444 is on standby and cleared hot to engage enemy targets. Let's go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
There is an entire battalion of fox squirrels behind me in the timber. I think they are planning an all out assault!

,?$&@!!?$&!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
These 265 grain hornadys want to eat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 81
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Troy is over in the timber and just saw a spike, a four point, and another he couldn't make.

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Lil spike just popped out and trotted across the field. Dang, I was hoping for a doe! C'mon!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
No dice his evening. Lil spiker got a pass. Hit Five Guys for dinner and prepping for tomorrow. Supposed to get down to low 30s tonight and a high of only 40 tomorrow. Hoping for a good day. Until the am...

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Windy and cold. Jumped into the box blind about 130 yards down the field's edge.
Nothing yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Alright fellas. We have relocated to another old farm. This place thick!
I am set up near an old pond up on a ridge where a couple gullies converge and a ceder thicket behind me. Good sign in here. Need a little luck. It's still pretty breezy and the temps are in the high thirties to low forties. Cold front coming in tonight and it's supposed to get down in the lower twenties. Here we go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 61

Stid2677

WKR
This time of year, the mid day can be hot!!! Killed a bunch between 10 and 2.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Jdog,
I just found this thread- Get 'er done, God bless your hunt. Love the 444 Marlin.
I'll be watching and praying...

Browtine

WKR
Cold front coming in tonight and it's supposed to get down in the lower twenties. Here we go!

Sounds like you're about ready to get the cold front that just blew through here. It will get them moving for sure. Good Luck!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Whats a tag cost in KY?

I hear they have some nice bucks there...good luck!!

$205 NR

I hope!

Thanks for the comments fellas! Nothing tonight but we will be back at it the am. Cold front coming and wind is supposed die tonight. Hope to get some action in the am! Need a break!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Troy's wife made us a great dinner tonight back in town--lasagna, bread and dessert--everything was great. Ate way too much and am bloated beyond belief.

Back at it in the am...not seeing many deer?????

Glad too many Roksliders are not following b/c this hunt has been a little disappointing--oh well, for you faithful few, stick with us.

Hoping this cold front turns them on!

And finally---no wind forecasted!!!

See you again in 7 hrs!